Where it all begins (Ch 1)

It was Saturday night , where I found myself just sitting in my

bedroom doing nothing , because of the fact my step-parents didn't approve of me going to a party . All of my friends were there in fact . I was that one person who didn't come . But,I was used to it . After all , my step-parents were pretty strict because of their past child . I felt sorry for them , so I just followed their rules , that are about 100 pages long . 

                                Life was getting pretty boring , so I decided to clean up my room . 

I replaced my books onto  my bookshelf , moved my bedding into a comfortable state , then carried on by folding my laundry that was all over my entire room . But something was there . Something red . I rummaged through the sweaty clothes from the gym , and saw it . A red envelope . I was stunned . 

Who could've put this here? What does it say? Why here , in my room? I thought about it for a brief moment . Of course . It was probably my younger brother , Matt . I mean , he was the prankster of the family . Right ? I sighed . There's most likely a troll face in the envelope , I mean , that's what kids do these days . 

I reached for the sticker that held the envelope together to open it , but the door opened , interrupting my dramatic moment . 

" Loshia ! It's dinner , and we're having mom's special noodles ! Hurry ! She said i'm not allowed to eat until your lazy butt gets down here ! " my brother , Matt , said .

I rolled my eyes . 

" I'm a adult now . I can make my own food , thank you . "I said , annoyed .

" But- "

Loud footsteps seemed to be coming upstairs , towards me . Soon enough , there was mom , having a  confused look on her face . 

" What is taking so long , Loshie ? "

I hated it when she called me that , and she knew . 

"I was - "

" She didn't want to come ! She said " I'm a adult now " he said , obviously trying to imitate me . 

My mom turned to me .

" Come down in 15 minutes , or no food tonight . " she said , not hesitating for the first time  ever trying to think of some punishment for me to "learn" my lesson . 

" Whatever . " I said in a whisper . 

She left , and Matt made a ugly face with his tongue sticking out .

" Get out . " I said. 

He quickly turned away and made his way down the stairs to eat without me . 

I turned my vision to the envelope . I'll open it later . It probably wasn't that important anyway . 

***************************************************************************************************

I made my way downstairs , where I heard  2 people arguing over something I didn't understand . 

It sounded like mom and dad . 

" She needs to somehow go , or she's not gonna go through this year . We have to tell her the truth . Her b-backstory . " said mom .

" She cannot know . End of story . " 

" Uhm..." i said , like an idiot . 

" Oh..Loshie... dear..did you hear that ? "

" Kinda . " I said . 

" Don't worry bout it . " my  father said , with a weak smile . 

The air silenced .

" Well ! I left your serving of dinner in the fridge . You should be able to microwave it . " my mom said .

" Thanks. "

" No problem. "

I took the plate in the fridge and headed to the microwave .  I listened to the sounds it made while it was heating up . I just had the most awkward conservation ever . 

"Beep . Beep . Beep . " 

I opened the handle , grabbed the plate along with a fork , and headed to my room  .

The moment I faced my door , I thought about the conservation with my mom and dad and the weird envelope .