Chapter 1

I woke up to a strange rustling noise in my house. I pushed the blankets off of my body and stood up. The hard wood floors felt cold on my bare feet. I started to reach my door when I heard another noise, this time it was right outside. I slowly stepped back away, going towards my bed. I went to the bedside table and opened one of the drawers. I saw my old journal and pushed it aside, beneath it was a small knife my father gave me when I was eleven. I took it and tried to prepared myself for whatever was on the other side of the door.My hands were shaking very badly. I slowly crept my way to the door and put my free hand on the door handle. Then I felt the door being opened, but not by me. I put the knife up in the air and took my hand off of the handle and stepped back. The door opened and I saw that it was a man. He was dressed in a dark blue long sleeved shirt and,what looked like, black pants. He looked up and had a very surprised look on his face.

 "Hello" he said. I stood my ground and said, "What are you doing in my house?". He stepped away from me closer to the hallway and said, "I didn't know that anyone was here" he said as he looked at my raised hand, "Aren't you a woman? Why do you have a knife?" I put my hand down and said, "To protect myself from intruders like yourself." He laughed and said, "It's too bad. I didn't want to do this, especially not to someone as beautiful as yourself." He grabbed my knife and stabbed me. 

I woke up and I could still feel a pain in my stomach. I sat up in my bed and looked at my bedside table. I swallowed, I didn't realized how dry my throat was. I took the glass of water that I put out for myself before I went to sleep. After I finished drinking I went back to sleep.