1:05

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER FIVE ]

Rhea heard Davina on the phone with Camille, the bartender that Klaus had apparently taking a liking too

Rhea heard Davina on the phone with Camille, the bartender that Klaus had apparently taking a liking too. Although Davina had promised not to tell Cami where they are, Rhea was in a constant state of unease.

Looking out the window, she saw Mikael stood with a wooden staff, eyes closed. She could see that he was clearly still healing from his brush with the werewolves.

Heading outside to join him, she told him, "You don't look so good, those bites -" before she could finish, he cut her off.

"Werewolf venom is to be purged by force, not acquiesced to." He informed the smaller girl, she raised her eyebrows at him, clearly not understanding.

"Viking 101 with the vampire that hunts vampires? Just what I wanted to do in my spare time.." She deadpanned, Mikael ignored her, he moved the subject on to more pressing matters.

"How much longer are we going to be hiding here? Like cowards?" He emphasised his last word, Rhea rolled her eyes.

Davina, joined them and explained, "Elijah saw you, if he knows you're here, then Klaus does too. So, I'm sorry, but until I unlink him from my friends, you're stuck here with us." Mikael sighed, something he seemed to do a lot of.

"Confrontation is inevitable, child. Your fear will prove to be our greatest disadvantage," he paused and looked to Rhea, "You too, as angry as you are, you are still very much afraid." He informed the two, Rhea tilted her head slightly at his admission.

"We're not afraid." Davina argued, Mikael took a step towards the two girls, "Well you should be, you are both weak."

"I think you're starting to forget who's in charge here," Rhea held her wrist up, revealing the bracelet, "While you were purging, we spelled it to make sure it won't come off again." She warned the vampire who looked less than amused.

"Ah yes, magic." He paused, "How well did that serve you when those wolves attacked? Hmm? Magic can only fight half your battles, remember that." He turned to go back to his original spot but Davina called after him.

"Okay, fine. You're so tough? Teach us."

"Teach you what?" Mikael questioned with a raised brow.

"Teach us how to be strong, to your own standards, of course." Rhea mocked, Mikael smirked.

▽▲▽▲▽

Davina had already sparred with Mikael, much to his dismay, she was better than he would've like to admit.

But when he had taken it one step too far and told Rhea to get up on a possibly sprained ankle, Davina knew that play time was over.