For Every Lie There's a Truth

Hey Guys, Devi here! This is my first story so please be nice. ;3 Special Thank You for Bella! She saw a few grammar errors here, so she edited them for me. ;D She's my editor as I am hers. :)

I slumped on the couch. This wasn't fair. This was happening because I wasn't born first, because I'm that delicate girl. I had limits to what I did, and he didn't.

"No thank you. I can pay myself, I don't need to depend on your money. I said when I was desperate I'd ask, but if you don't let me pay, I'll never become independent," I said frustrated.

"Like that will ever happen, come on Rocky, you know that won't happen." I rolled my eyes, my brother's comment didn't help at all.

"Roxanne, as much as your father and I want to help you, you won't let us will you? You should consider getting a room-mate, just like your brother." There my father goes, talk, lecture, talk.

"Fine, I'll get a room-mate, I'll do anything to stay away from the dorm. Why can't I move in with Lucas? Let's just kick his room-mate out and let me move in. That's the least he can do to act like a brother," I said. Apparently, he didn't agree. Nor did dad.

"Rocky, Samantha lives with me. She's my room-mate. Are you sure

you want to kick her out? That'll prove how much you care about her, how you're her best friend," he says sarcastically.

I sighed. I forgot my best friend was dating my brother. I forgot she lived with him. This was hard. I didn't have enough money to pay for my rent in the apartment I lived in, and I had no one.

"Fine, fine, fine. I'll let you pay. One condition. Mom, dad, you guys gotta let me pay you back when I get the money. I'm going to find a room-mate, and if I don't find one by the end of the month, then you people can just bring some random relative or other crazy person to live with me."

And with that, I left.

I already knew my parents would say yes, I knew this last week. So, I started searching for friends. I hadn't asked them, but I had to make sure if they were free to move or not. Apparently, they all said no. Lucas had said he would ask his friends, but I denied him. His friends are cool and all, but living with them? I pass.

As I walked down the street, I saw the same boring posters on trees and poles; "Lost Child," "Lost Pet," "Garage Sale," but today, one of them caught my interest. "Home for Rent." I took a pen from my bag and wrote the address down. I put my hand out yelling "Taxi" while waving my hand with the wind. A taxi soon came, the man looked cheerful, which was good for me; I didn't like unhappy people. They were so...boring.

"Hello sir! Can you take me here?" I showed him my hand, and luckily for me, he could read my handwriting that was messed up on my hand.

"Yes, ma'am," he smiled. The ride was quiet, I looked out the window the whole entire time, admiring the houses. Hopefully, the house I was looking for would be nice as these. Once we reached our destination, I quickly paid and went inside the home.

I saw many people, most of them were young, about my age. There were a few adults, but I didn't care. It wasn't like I was actually going to get this home anyway. I toured around, the layout design was my taste, the bedrooms were the perfect size, and the kitchen was beautiful. I needed to have a good kitchen, otherwise, I wouldn't want to live there. No beautiful kitchen, no Rocky.

I saw the real estate agent and walked towards her. "This place is just fascinating. How much are you renting this for?"

The lady, whose name was Ms.Rhodes based on her name tag, smiled. "2,150. Are you trying to move in for college?"

I nodded. "I wish I could move here, but I don't have enough money nor room-mates." I sighed. "Everyone is already living somewhere, or they're living with there parents; not ready to move out."

"Or they don't want to be near you. I wouldn't blame them, they have a good reason." I turned around. Kyle. That jerk. He'd even make fun of me in public? Why girls liked him was beyond my mind.

"You bastard, you stalk me and then you tease me? You've got some nerve Kyle."

He smirked. "Actually, the lady who you're talking to is my mother. Say 'Hi', Roxy." I was quiet. I looked as his mom then back at him. "Where are your manners, Carter?"

I looked at her once again then back at him. "There's no way she's your mom. She's pretty and nice unlike you."

Ms.Rhodes laughed. "Are you two always like this? My, I miss the old times with my friends." She chuckled and walked away to greet new visitors.

"You know you want me." He leaned in with his face near my ear and whispered. "I may have a thing for brunettes, but you're not my type." He walked outside, and I followed. Not because I wanted to give a come-back to his comment, I wanted to get out of here.

"By the way Roxy, if I were you, I'd stay with mommy and daddy." That's it. I couldn't take anymore. I walked up to him and we were looking at each other face-to-face.

"Look Rhodes, what I'm going through is none of your business, so keep out. Leave me alone."

He smirked. Again. "You're just jealous that I'm dating your friend, Lilac. It's not my fault girls get boring and I break their hearts. But don't worry Roxy, I'll be after you, you know you make my day when I insult you."

"It's Rocky. Get it right, you've called me Roxy three times. You better not hurt her feelings, Kyle, I will kill you if you if I see her sad and alone." He took a piece of my hair and curled it with his finger.

"Roxy suits you, besides, people will know where you got your nickname from. Roxanne, Roxy. Not everyone has brains like me to figure out where Rocky came from. Roxy, Rocky. Soon, I'll have to call you Ricky. You won't be able to hurt me, she's got feelings for me, she wouldn't want you after me, now would she?" I looked down. He was right.

I didn't know what to say, and I didn't have to say anything since Kyle Rhodes had already broke the silence. His hand on my waist, he leaned in, "Since I'm 'mommy's' good son, she doesn't know that I'm a player." He smirked, again. His next move surprised me, he leaned down and kissed me. Yep, I was kissed by the man who disgusted me, and he kissed the girl who didn't interest him.

"Kyle Rhodes! What in the world are you doi-"

"Let's say this will prove I've got a girlfriend and I'm not a player." He gave me a hug and whispered, "Look at the window. Bet you see my mother watching." I looked up and when I saw his mother looking through the transparent glass, I quickly had my arms around his back to make the picture that I was hugging her son complete.

"I'll get you back," I said as I walked away. I definitely was going to get him back. Kyle Rhodes was going to get his butt kicked by Roxanne Carter.

Hope you guys liked it! Comments and advice are appreciated. Thank you!