1: Steel

A massive sun rose to the sky above deep purple waters and the glistening city of New Jaessa, the pale red sunlight reflecting off of the gargantuan buildings and bouncing around the waves. The city stretched on for miles and miles along the coast and even further inland, the largest city and capital of the ocean planet of Arcea. Skyscrapers, miles tall and shining bright in the sky, rose above everything else, although one stood above all others, both literally and figuratively. This building was the hub of the Steel Legion's presence on Arcea, a massive structure, nearly 8 miles tall and glowing with neon lights and bold, polished metals. 

The lower floors of the building were mainly administrative in purpose, with the higher floors housing the more militaristic needs of the Legion. The very top floor of the building was a colossal warehouse and shipyard, used for the on-planet assembly of the Legion's spacecraft, from the smallest scouter to the most massive dreadnoughts, able to annihilate entire planets.

Held aloft by gravity lifts and magnetism, a massive ship drifted near the peak of the building, albeit halfway built. Hundreds of small ships darted around, weaving through the massive girders and plates being attached to the hull of the frigate, and flying in and out of the massive structure. All the construction ships gave a wide berth as a much larger ship drifted towards the building, this craft armed to the teeth and propelled by three huge engines. It was painted a deep navy blue and the wings demanded attention with huge Legion insignias emblazoned upon them.

As the transport set itself down on the roof of the building, a makeshift dock for ships of all sizes, hydraulics hissed and the rumble of the engines settled to a dull hum, the back ramp groaning as it slowly lowered. A resounding boom reverberated through the thick air as the ramp hit the metal roof, and all the workers and soldiers instantly stood at attention, saluting towards the ship, knowing that it was the personal transport of General Morgue, war commander of Genesis Company.

Boots thumped down on the metal loading ramp, as General Morgue stepped down, accompanied by cybernetic soldiers, unfeeling, and uncaring as they watched for any sign of unrest. Morgue was a gaunt, somewhat short man- if you could call the creature a man. Once a pure human, he was forced to leave that past behind.

Under order of the Legion, Morgue had undergone several extremely painful surgeries and cybernetic enhancements, a process known as Genesis Conversion. Now he stands as a twisted mockery of the human form, wrapped around the abdomen in thick gauze and wearing a trench coat entirely too long for his body. The right sleeve of the coat was cut off, revealing a pale grey arm, ending in metal claws and covered in eyes that seemed to look at everything and nothing at the same time. The other arm was completely robotic in composition, a deep blue metal plating the hydraulic lines and servos. He had but one human eye on his face, the other, along with a portion of his head, was also cybernetic. His whole bottom jaw was covered in an armored rebreather, with a hose leading to a small oxygen tank on his leg.

Morgue looked around the thousands of men and women saluting him and not daring to move. They knew that the twisted creature demanded respect, and if they failed to show it, repercussions would be severe. Many soldiers, even officers, have gone missing soon after angering the general and although nothing was ever confirmed, most of the horrifying rumors about Morgue tended to be true.

"At ease!" He called, his hollow, almost robotic voice carrying through the shipyard. When only a few dozen dared move, the rest still fearful of Morgue's twisted form, he commanded again, much sharper this time. "I said get back to work! If my flagship isn't done soon, I'll have every last one of you thrown from this rooftop one by one!" And with that, all the workers hurried back to their tasks, leaving the general to march towards the entrance to the massive warehouse that served as the top floor of the building. The cyborg soldiers followed, servos faintly whirring as they stomped along, their combat armor clanking slightly.