Os 1

"Omg look over that side of the road; the boy in red hoodie; he is so cute" her friends voice rang in her ear and she just laughed out to ignore her friend's stalking business.
"Its okay you enjoy the view" she patted her shoulder and kept looking straight; unknown to why her heartbeats all of a sudden were high.
"Ohh common just look at him ; i am telling you babe" her friend pulled her by her hand to look at the direction to which she was asking too and her world stopped right there.
Her legs all of a sudden felt like they were a piece of jelly and all the blood in her body drained out looking at the guy who was standing at the opposite shop to theirs ; now she knew why her heart was racing so fast and why it felt like it would pound out of her chest the next second.
Her eyes got damp and she looked away in an instant just to avoid her friend's question.
"Isn't he cute?" Her friend asked her yet again ; still smitten by the guys handsome look.
"Indeed" she wiped her tears carefully off her eyes just so that her eyeliner was not smudged and let her hair cover her face so her friend could avoid looking at her face and even the cute guy couldn't see her.
"Do you think we should approach him?" Her friend asked her yet again as she could not see the hurt in her eyes.
On getting no response she shook her yet again "sanyukta are you listening?"
"Ughh yaa say na?" She asked finally as they moved out of the shop.
"Should we approach him?" She asked looking at her all excited.
A sudden pang of jealously ran through her spine and hit her heart at the place where it hurt the most "Don't you have a boyfriend? " sanyukta asked in a loud voice to gain a little attention of the ongoers.
"Ya i do have ; but.. u know ; just chuck" she finished quickly and looked over to others who were starring at her and eyed them to leave.
"Sanaya i just need to go home; i am not feeling fine" sanyukta looked at the shop to which he was standing at and saw him coming out and looking at her from across the road and just walked by ignoring her as if she didn't exist.
Something more inside her broke and before shanaya could even speak she left from there for her house which was in the opposite direction to where he went.
Opening the door she found out that no one was at home and she ran upto her room and sobbed into her pillow like every night she used to do since two years.
Yes he was the same guy who was her bestest friend two years back ; He used to stay in one of her friends society and thats how they meet
; but due to some family problems he had to shift his base to some foriegn country and since that night sanyukta would cry herself to sleep many times.
The first time when he broke the news to her on whatsapp ; she cried a lot and just for his happiness she pretended to be happy ; but he obviously knew that she was crying and had promised her to talk to her everyday and that promise made her smile.
They knew each other hardly for few months but she never bonded with anyone like she did with him .
She could tell him about her college stress ; about how much it would pain during those days ;to how much she would love pizzas and not pasta; to how much she wanted to fly and roam the world and he promised her to be present in every stage of her life.
She couldn't even meet him for the last time as she was hell packed with stuff on that day and during his flight for 16 hours she waited desperately for his text and the first thing he texted was that he was reading all their previous chats for majority part of the flight and that made her smile admist her sorrow.
She knew how much his girlfriend would hate her ; but still he would sneak away to meet sanyukta as she was his bestfriend; and not only that they would even become each others father ; mother ; lover and everything when their was such a situation and would give each other strength.
He would scold her for doing something reckless and would even get jealous when she spoke to some other guy; he would coo loving words on whatsapp when her stomach would pain during her hard days and would stand under her window during night or outside her society during day time and ask her for a flying kiss or else he would not move from his place ; he would flirt with her and would make her feel wanted ; loved and beautiful. But everything changed when he completed about a month in States.
He stopped responding to her texts and would ignore her ; god knows what the reason was; she even tried speaking to him many a times but he would either reply that he was busy or would just choose not to reply and as time passed by she stopped texting him and irritating him thinking that one fine day he would come back and text her ; which never happened and she knew it was not happening and still her heart kept waiting with a little ray of hope of that one fine day.
She never allowed any guy or girl to be her bestfriend after he left; they would consider her as their bestfriend but she would consider them just as her friend.
From that always chirpy and happy go lucky girl ; who would cry over little stuff ; she became a strong and an independent girl who would not even care for herself let alone it be others.
And now after alomst two freaking years she was her bestfriend Randhir Singh Shekhawat oops ex-bestfriend Randhir Singh Shekhawat.
In these two years she realised how much she fell in love with him from day one ; but her love is strong enough to survive one sided only ; so what if he doesn't love her back? Her love is enough for her to survive.
Yes she fell in love with her own Bestfriend and she doesnt even regret it ; rather she let him go off for her own sake ; she knew before that he was a nightmare for her but she fell in love with nightmares and made his life a beautiful daydream.

The End