Why? Why me?

My parents are always fighting!! I just wish that they would just SHUT UP!! I know that won't happen..... It's been 16 years and they've been fighting for 2 years..... My little brother doesn't know why they do it so much. He's only 7 years old. I tell him that everything is going to be okay. It'll pass, but it never does. I know he doesn't believe me. I don't even believe myself, but I have to be strong for him even when I'm at my lowest; I have to be at my highest.

"YOU ALWAYS SAY THAT!"  I hear my mom yell from the kitchen.

"NO I DON'T! YOU ALWAYS SAY THAT IT'S NOT RIGHT FOR ME TO HANG OUT WITH THE GUYS! THEN YOU GO OUT WITH THE GIRLS THE NEXT NIGHT!"  My dad yells back.

UUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!! SHUT THE HELL UP!!! I think to myself and put a pillow over my head.

"Sissy, I'm scared. They're at it again." My little brother, Toby, says as he stand in my doorway with his blanket in hand.

"Come here." I say as I pull the pillow off my head and open my arms for him.

He runs into my arms and I hug him tightly for a while. He's crying.... I feel like crying to, but I can't not in front of him. I have to be strong for Toby. I close my eyes and rock him until he falls asleep.

~

~

~

*Few hours later*

"Briana, you and Toby can come out now." I hear my mother say softly.

I'm laying down with Toby in my arms, my back facing the door. I just snuggle closer to Toby. I don't want to talk to anyone right now.

"Night. Love you." She says and I can hear her voice crack.

She's crying... Is she leaving us with dad? I have to find out.

I get up out of bed and head over to the door where my mother is, weeping.

"Mom, please don't cry. I love you, too." I say and wrap my arms around her.

She doesn't say anything, but sob into my shoulder. I rub her back, trying to calm her down.

"Mom, go to bed. It will all be okay in the morning." I say and after she calms down a bit.

She sniffles and nods her head, wiping her eyes. She looks at me and points behind me. I turn around and see Toby sitting up in the bed sniffling.

"Oh, Toby!" I say and go back towards him.

I hug him and rock him lightly. I turn my head to see mother not there anymore. I look at Toby and he's asleep already. I lay him down on the bed and check the time. 12:30am. I've got school in the morning! UGH!! I shut off my lamp and set my alarm on my phone and lay down with Toby in my arms.

~

~

~

RRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!

My alarm goes off on my phone. I roll over and shut it off. I sit up and rub my eyes. Toby's not beside me anymore. He probably went back to his room. I get up and go to my bathroom. I take a shower and do all my business. I got my closet to pick my outfit for the day.

I go to back to my bathroom put on my makeup and try to think what I should do with my hair

I go out and grab my phone off my desk and go downstairs. I go into the kitchen and see that nobody's home.

"Toby?" I say.

Nothing.

"Toby?!" I raise my voice a little as I run back up the stairs.

"Bree!!" He says and I'm standing in his doorway.

"I thought you were gone." I say and run up to him.

"Sorry. I'm just watching TV." He says and hugs me.

"It's okay. As long as your okay. Where's mom and dad?"

"They both left this morning for work." He says and lets go.

"Okay. Then I'm taking you to school." I say and start to walk out of the bedroom.

"I'm already ready. I just have to eat breakfast."

"I do too. Come on. I'll make us something." I say and walk out of the room with him following behind.

We walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. I grab two bowls, cereal, milk, and spoons. I pour the cereal and milk. I then give Toby a spoon. He starts eating. I sit down next to him and start eating as well.

"So what are you going to learn today?" I ask him after we're done eating.

"I don't know, but in math we're learning about addition!" He says excitedly.

"Cool. Have fun today." I say and smile.

I grab the car keys and my purse, then we walk out the door. Toby walks down the front steps and stops suddenly.

"What is it?" I ask as I look in the direction he's looking in.

I see a tall boy walking towards us.

"Toby get in the car." I say and he does as he's told.

I get in right behind him and start the car. I pull out of the driveway and past the guy. He just kept on walking. Oh well. As I stop at a stop light Toby asks, "Do you know that guy?"

"No. I don't. I've never seen him before in my life." I say and the light turns green.

"He looked familiar though." Toby says and looks out the window.

"Let's talk about this later. We're almost to school." I say and pull onto the street that the school's on.

*In English*

"Today class. We're going to be learning about essays and how to write them." Mrs. Berksin says as she writes something on the board.

I open my book up and start taking notes as the classroom door opens. I look up to see the same guy I saw on the sidewalk outside my house.

"Hi, are you Mrs. Berksin?" The boy asks handing her a paper.

"Yes that's me. Who are you?" She says.

"I'm Shawn. I'm new." The boy, Shawn, says.

I look at him as I put my pencil down. 'Toby was right, he does look familiar.' I think to myself.

___________________________________________________________________

Cliff hanger!! I'm sorry not sorry!! LOLZ!😂😂✌💯

See next time babes!