:Loosing It All: (Inject Me Sweetly) One-Shot Contest

XxSkater2Girl16xX

One-Shot Contest

Story By: XxContagiousSmilexX

     "Vincent, where are you going?" Fiona asked, tip-toeing after me with William in her arms. Even though I absolutely despised the crying, pooping, and biting me when I had to put it to bed, the kid was actually pretty adorable. He had bright, emerald green eyes and locks of thick, golden-blond hair. And he wasn't a fat baby either. He was one of those thin kids, but still ate a butt load of food.  

     "Away from here. I'm sick of - of -"  

     "Me? William?" She interrupted, then bit her lip.   

     "No, no. It's not you two. I love the kid. It's just, I - I, can't do any of this without Emily." Her name come  out in a whisper, almost seeming unreal. I held my breath and closed my eyes so I couldn't see the pained look that was on Fiona's face.    

     We were all pretty much over Sebastian's death, although the mention of his name and looking at William (you could bring up a baby picture of Sebastian, and you would think it was of William) brought a dark, pained look into everyone's eyes. But Emily's death was still like a fresh wound. Like death just popped up out of the blue and suck a flaming knife through everyone's heart. When her name was mentioned, the edges felt as if they were being rubbed raw.

     "Okay... Come home soon," Fiona whispered, then turned in the other direction. William smiled at me, a genuine smile. It was something that made you want to turn your life around. To help anyone who was any less fortunate than you were.   

     I turned on my heel, then walked towards the woods with a frown on my face. A crack of tunder ripped in the background. I could almost hear Emily shreik with terror; I could almost feel the pressure of her nails digging into my biceps. A small smile twitched onto my face.

     It started sprinkling lightly whenever I was halfway to my destination. The trees were dense and the stars were hiding under the dense clouds that covered the night sky. Her tombstone was somewhere around here. I could feel it.  The woods started to clear, and I could see the apple tree come into sight.

     As I approached, I could see a couple lying under the tree. He was laying against the tree, his eyes closed and his brown hair tousled messily. She had her head against his shoulder with a small smile dancing on her face, and a twinkle set in her eyes.

     I studied them even more closely, and then my eyes almost bulged out of my head.

     "Mr. Heywood?" I asked suspiciously. He jumped about ten feet in the air, and the girl let out a small squeak. I could see that it was some girl that I went to school with named Holly. She had dark brown hair and brown eyes. She was friends with some annoying kid named Lance. I rolled my eyes.

     "Uh -- I, uh -- we were just, umm..." Mr. Heywood suttered. I tried to surpress my grin and managed to only let a small smirk escape.

     "Mr. Heywood! I never knew you went for younger girls," I teased, looking at him suspiciously. Rosebushes blossomed across Holly's cheeks, flushing them with a light pink color.

     I knew that I was being completely hypocritical. I mean, I was how old? I'd already forgotten by now. And my girlfriend, my inspiration, the reason why my gash was raw, my reason for living, would forever be stuck at her beautiful eighteen.

     I don't care how girly that sounds.

     The couple walked off, hand in hand, poking at each other and smiling loving smiles. Looking at them made it feel like sandpaper was grinding itself against this giant gash.