Chapter One //

"That is all for today" My professor finally said after the constant droning on about the useless equations and algebra.

Look, why do we even learn these things in Math? I mean I am never ever going to need that shit in my whole entire life. Like ever. It's not like I'm going to be buying groceries and think 'WAIT, I must do an equation before I buy an apple.'

All of a sudden I hear cough from the front of the class. I quickly snap out of my mini-daydream and glance towards the professor. "Miss Faye, at this rate you are going to be late for your next lesson"

I quickly glance round  the now empty classroom

''Shit.'' I quietly murmur under my breath.

I briskly gather up my several books and stuff them into my bag and sprint out the empty classroom. However fortunately once I reached the hallways I noticed that many of the students were still lingering around.

I began to slower my pace until a horrific thought popped into my head. I remembered the teacher I had. Ms Jeckinson. I personally think of her as a snotty little bitch and I hate her.

I quickly glance at my watch. 10 minutes to class.

Positive thoughts.

When I eventually reached my locker I noticed a small little post-it note stuck on it.

Hey Aprill, meet me at lunch on our usual table with Cali and Isla!
Lyyyyyy
Gabbbbbyyyyyy xxxxxxx

I laugh slightly under my breathe. Gabby is such a twat sometimes but I love her.

Gabby. How do I explain her? She is the popular girl in my school, but not the bad girl kind of popular. She is a genuine genius, she can score straight A's in any subject any day. Everyone loves her because of her upbeat, joyful, and pure personality that she has, and to be utterly honest, there is not a flaw to be seen within her. Another thing which is so unique about Gabby is that she isn't one of those girl who just sleeps around with any guy, she never goes into a relationship without seeing a future. God knows why she is friends with me.

Then there is Cali. Well, Cali is a good girl with a bad reputation. She breaks every possible rule but aces every test known to man, she takes no shit and well, you don't want to get into any shit with her. She isn't a player but does have the odd fling, but once you get to know her she is an incredible person and just like Gabs, she is flawless.

And finally there is Isla, well, she is just unique. She is herself and doesn't take any notice of her haters, she is one of the few girls that isn't affected by society. One day she could walk in with a flowery dress and the next she could come in with a punky kind of style, and no one would even dare to snicker or laugh at her. If I ever find out the secret to her confidence - my life will be complete.

And then there is me.

I'm just one of those girl's who is liked but no one bothers to acknowledge. I get the odd 'hello' or 'long time no see' from some people but other than that, I'm invisible to the human race. My past isn't the best, I often hear people reminding their friends of what happened. I try my best to ignore all the remarks and to be honest, I've kind of become numb to all of the hate but it still hurts.

Well, I know if I didn't have those guys in my life, my life would have shriveled up into a billion pieces. Which isn't too good.

Yay life.

I still often wonder why the hell they are my friends, but they obviously found something about me they liked which is surprising, since they basically have all the girls in our school claiming to be their best friends and all the boys throwing themselves at them.