Chapter 1

Jasper had spent most of her time lazing around the temple after unfusing with Lapis. Peridot hadn't seen Jasper in so long so she defiantly had to go visit the temple to see what she was up to all the time. The small green gem opened the temple door before closing it. She looked over to the large orange quartz who was stretched out in the beam of sunlight shining through the screen window. The small gem stared at Jasper who started to move around and groan before stretching out on her back. She seemed to be enjoying the sunlight.

Peridot didn't dare speak due to being afraid of having Jasper hit her like she did on the handship. She held back a soft noise but decided to quietly sit down, watching the large gem in adoration. After being slapped by the large gem on the handship, she was slightly intimidated by her but that wasn't going to stop her. She was determined to gain Jasper's trust once again. She gulped before finally building up the courage to speak. Gems didn't even even sweat but Peridot was drenched it in. The small gem furrowed her brows before finally clearing her throat.

"J... Jasper.." Peridot softly spoke, starting to become extremely nervous as she gnawed on her fingers.

The clearing of Peridot's throat and her soft voice caught Jasper's attention. She sat up before looking over at the small gem with narrowed eyes. "What do you want? Why are you here?" The large gem muttered, her brows furrowing.

Peridot nervously glanced around and she pulled her hands away from her face. "I-I uh.. I came to check on you. Just to see how you're doing." She spoke, her breathing starting to get rough and heavy.

Her expression softened as she watched the small gem panic. The large gem frowned a little and she moved closer to Peridot. "I'm doing fine. You don't look too fine though. Is something up?" She reached out, pulling the small gem closer.

Peridot looked surprised by the sudden action. Was Jasper ill? Was she hurt? What was wrong with her? She's actually being.. nice. The small gem decided to take the opportunity, starting to act sad and hurt. "Yeah.. My.. My belly hurts." The small gem peeped, looking up to the large orange quartz with wide eyes. "I'm fine though.." She murmured, reaching her small hands up to wrap around Jasper's neck. She felt the large gem's mane, smiling a little. It absorbed the heat of the sun which made it nice and warm. "You're really warm.." The small gem nervously shivered.

Jasper allowed Peridot to do as she pleased, her anger seeming forgotten from when they were on the handship. "You're.. You're kinda cold." She mumbled, pulling Peridot to her chest as she laid down in the sunlight. "I'll keep you warm though." The large quartz softly sighed, holding the small gem close. She reached down, removing Peridot's visor before placing it down.

Peridot squeezed her eyes shut, whining softly as her visor was removed. She then opened her eyes again, glancing around before up to Jasper with wide, blue eyes. A blush spread across her face as she tried her best to wrap her arms around the large gem. "Wow.. I.. I didn't know what you actually looked like without being tinted green. You're really.. pretty." She nervously peeped.

Jasper smiled a little and she softly purred. "I never seen you without your visor.. You have very nice eyes." She purred. "You're.. You're really cute.." She cooed, leaning down to place a kiss on Peridot's gem as she rested her chin against Peridot's hair, messing it up.

Peridot happily squeaked at the kiss before she leaned up, returning it against Jasper's jawline.
"I.. I love you." She whispered.
"What was that?"
"Oh- Nothing." Peridot quickly responded. Oh boy, that was a close one. The small gem pressed against the large quartz with a purr.

The two closed their eyes before they fell asleep in the sunlight together. Now all they had to do is ask each other to be mates.. That would take a lot of courage. But for now, they'll just be friends.