From Pallid to Perfect

I wrote to you before. It was about how your works, namely, 23:11 and 11/23 helped out my suicidal sister, who, by the way, is a happy, easy going gal nowadays. And I couldn't believe you read it.

So I thought, if you were able to read that tiny trinket, then I might as well write another.

And this is about me.

I'm older than you, I think. I'm one of those NBSB lasses out there and it's more of a personal choice than circumstance. I graduated Magna Cum Laude in two courses out of three that I took up, working hard to feed my family. I'm not bragging. I'm just saying I wanted success more than anything. I wanted to be rich because I grew up poor, and I didn't want my family to go through the never-ending-worries-of-where-to-get-food-next phase ever again. So you see, I have no time for love. Or even crushes.

But it doesn't mean I never fell in love. Because Heaven knows I did. I had my share of dates and suitors, too. I'm not what most people would dub as beautiful, so I guess it's my wit and humor guys are endeared to. Yet I kept my distance. I, too, built walls around my heart, because after all, I'm a level-headed, no-nonsense woman. It gets lonely. It's hard being alone, but I've never settled on someone or something just for the heck of it. Perhaps that's the reason why out of all your characters, I can relate most with Jhing.

I have always been dubious of online romances. I mean, who wouldn't be? It's hard enough to build a love connection with someone you're with everyday, much more with someone you haven't even met in person yet. But last year it all changed when a stranger sent me a message saying, "Hi. You're very beautiful." I ignored him multiple times. But he was adamant on proving his sincerity. I don't know what made me reply, maybe curiosity, due to the fact that his profile picture was a car, and he had this foreign last name. Or maybe it was exhausting to keep pushing him away. Or maybe because reading his messages makes me laugh so hard.Sounds familiar?

I must admit, I turned to your works when I felt I was already falling in love with Christopher, the man I met online. I saw Jhing's reservations in a new perspective. She and Miko became real to me, you know? In fact, it was her that made me decide to accept the fact that I could indeed fall for a stranger who was a screen apart. There were times when I thought Miko was too good to be true, but hey, I found one! He is more than I could ever ask or hope for. I'm proud to admit, I fell in love with a stranger.

I did not intend to write my love story. The point is, I have one because you made it possible! And I couldn't be more grateful. :)

By the way, before I wind up this letter, I just wanna ask you something.
Will you be at my wedding?

Yes, I'm marrying my own "Miko".

Thank you, Rayne!

Sincerely,
A morsel of moxy

P.S.
The wedding will be in November, but it's still tentative. I'd be very honored if you could come.