8 Days To Say GoodBye

*Yamaguchi's P.O.V*
The distant sound of voices. The sounds all around were blocked out, almost as though I was sitting in water. Like I was drowning. My eyes were wide, my shaky breath leaving my parted lips in broken pants. The words repeated in my head like an echo.

"You're going to die"

A choked sob. A sudden wail. My mother on the floor, crouched over and screaming towards the Heaven's. Cursing her beloved God for the news we had just received.

My name is Yamaguchi Tadashi, I'm a 15 year old Volleyball player. I'm 5'10.5, 63 kg's and in optimal health. Well-- aside from the fact that my life is going to come to an end in over a week. My chest tightened in a burning sensation, my lips parted and horror filled eyes locked on the papers in front of me. The blood tests, the results, my fate.

My name is Yamaguchi Tadashi, and I'm going to die in 8 days. I have only 8 days to say goodbye to everyone that I love, to play as much volleyball as possible. To do the last things on my bucket list, gulping down the fear that screamed at me to run-- to hide. I gave a broken smile to the doctor "thank you for trying" I whispered, flinching as my voice cracked.

I stood from my seated position, making my way over to my mother. Placing my hands on her trembling shoulders, her head lifted and she turned to face me. Her light mascara had run, dark tear stains running down her cheeks, her jaw was clenched tightly.

"Hey, mum. I'm okay, really! Let's not spend this time being sad okay? The last thing I want to see is your smiling face, so smile for me mum. Mum?", tears flew down her face rapidly as she dove forward. Her arms around my neck as she pulled me to her "Tadashi!" she wailed.

Relaxing in her arms, I wrapped my arms around her middle - burying my nose in her neck. My heart clenched and unclenched painfully in my chest. "It's not fair Dashi! You're my baby, my baby boy. You don't deserve this, anything but this! Please doctor-- please do something! Why are you just standing there? DO SOMETHING!" she screeched.

I took my mother by her shoulders, pushing her to arms length so I could see her face. "Mama, it's okay. There's nothing they can do now. Let's go home, mum", I placed my hands under her elbows and assisted her to stand. She slumped against me as my dad and I escorted her to the car. Day 1: Hinata Shouyou
I had spend all of yesterday with my family, talking about things. Doing the things I loved - they were trying to distract me from my imminent fate. I took a deep breath as I gripped the door to the gym, slowly sliding it to the side and stepping inside.

All heads turned to me, I hadn't shown up for school for a week. A week before the appointment and the day that I was was told the truth. With a nervous gulp, I took a tentative step forward. "Hey! Where have you been, Yamaguchi?" came the deep voice of our Captain, Daichi.

I let out a sheepish grin, rubbing the back of my neck with my hand "I was feeling a little under the weather, but I'm okay now! All I want to do is play volleyball so-- can we?". The raven haired male cocked his head to the side at my enthusiasm but nodded "of course, that's what the team's for". He gestured behind him to the centre of the gymnasium.

The light streaming onto the net like a spot light, illuminating and reflecting the polished floors. I bit my lip as I let my bag off of my shoulder, it slid down the side of my leg, falling into a puddle of fabric on the floor. I raced towards on side of the net, my black "Karasuno" jacket flapping behind me - like the feather's of a crow.

~*~*~*~*~
Sweat made it's tickling trail down my forehead, sliding passed my eye, dripping off of my cheekbones and onto my jaw. Collecting with other drops and eventually dripping onto the floor, the squeaking of trainers on the waxed floors. The sound of heavy breathing "again" I whispered.