promises

It's a sunny, cool, breathtaking Saturday morning. The trees are softly rustling in the slight breeze, the insects in the forest are chirping wildly, the birds flying overhead are squawking harmoniously, and the waves of the lake are crashing against the shore. The music of the morning, as I like to call it, was playing lullingly as the perfect background melody for my hopefully blissful and long-awaited death.

I look out at where water meets sky, longingly awaiting for the moment when I can finally reach the horizon myself. If I play this out perfectly, then that moment will come quickly.

I wondered where the Seven were in camp right now. Wherever they were, hopefully they were getting ready to meet me at the special hideout that we- well, more like they had put together shortly after the Giant War, conveniently located at the other side of camp. Far away from the lake, where I was now.

I just hope that the Ares cabin delivers on their unofficial unassigned part of the plan, specifically Clarisse LaRue. I hope that she stays true to her promises.

Two Weeks Earlier.....
It's a crisp Tuesday morning at the dining pavilion. Everyone was talkative and bustling around everywhere, the usual. I usually don't even go eat breakfast, but today out of pure boredom I went. And since it's a given that you eat at breakfast, well I had no choice but to get something to eat.

"Nico?" I hear behind me. I turn around and stare into the striking blue eyes of Jason Grace.

"You're- you actually..... you came to breakfast? By choice?"

I sigh "Yeah, guess I did." I responded and picked up a plate then walked to the Hades table, carefully avoiding the Apollo table where I could see Will Solace staring daggers into me.

I 'ate' in silence, carefully studying the Poseidon table where the Seven were currently sat at. After the war, one day they all just gathered at the Poseidon table and since no one dared to separate them they became the only ones that can break the 'seated-with-your-own-cabin' rule.

Everyone was happy and energetic, just like always. I really don't know why I make myself feel worse than I need to. Just staring at them while they discuss whatever comes to mind.

Everyone made it clear that I could go over there at any time, and it was true. I could sit with them; I have sat with them, but it's just too much awkward, even for me. The one time I did decide to go over to the Poseidon table, I did exactly what I do now. I sat and watched them talk. It's not that they were purposefully shutting me out, it's just that I'm bad with conversations. And friends.

I decide to finally put my plate away and return to my cabin. I pick up my plate and get up. As I'm walking to put my plate away I see something glint out of the corner of my eye. I look in its direction and see a dagger. Nothing special, just an ordinary blade that you could pick up from any armory.

I pick it up and inspect the hilt. 'Clarisse LaRue' is engraved on the end. That's weird. Since when does Clarisse use a dagger? I slip it in my belt and finally put my plate away. My eyes find the Ares table, but there is no sign of Clarisse.

I'm about to set off on a detailed search for her (gods know what she'll do when she finds out she's lost her dagger) when someone bumps into me.

"Oh sorry, I wasn't watching where I was- Nico? So Jason wasn't lying, you did come out of your cave." The boy laughs.