Chapter 1 - Talon

Death Runs From Me.

Chapter 1

                "Scott McCall, please report to the Administration office." The intercom came over. I looked at Stiles, who was sitting behind me. He looked crooked at me, thinking the same thing I was.

            I got up, walking out of the auditorium, ignoring the murmurs and the mumbling of the class about why I was being asked to go to the Administration office, it's the Principals office of college. Walking out the side door of the room, I started towards the main offices of the campus. I pulled out my phone, a text from my mom, "Come home for dinner with Momma? Miss you Scott." The other text was from my academic advisor Kira, "See you after class?" I replied quickly to Kira, and pulled up Mom's thread. I began typing "Yeah mo..." I looked up, gasping as my phone dropped from my hands. A bone rattling scream came from every direction, followed by a low growl, then a loud roar. I began to run down the hall, my enhanced speed bringing me around the corners of school with ease. I slowed down seeing drywall and blood smeared on the ground. I came around the corner and looked down at the floor smeared blood covered the floor. Glancing up at another scream I immediately ran down the hall into the gym. On the bleachers were two bodies, both bodies had slashes across their chests. Across the gym a body dropped, I heard the flesh rip and the blood poor from her neck as she fell to the ground.

                "Well, well, well if it isn't the Scott McCall." The man said, his claws out and glowing  . "Who are you! What do you want." I said, my anger growing inside me as I smelled the blood of the people that this creature had killed. "I came for you Scott!" He yelled. "I came for the alpha! I came for the "True Alpha"" He said, turning his head to the side, popping it. "I came for a fight!" He said, followed was a loud roar. I threw my hands down, my claws shot out, I roared back.

                The other guy ran towards me, I charged at him as well. We met in the middle of the gym, I slid on my knees letting my claws catch his abdomen. He howled at the cuts, but it didn't slow him down. I turned to catch his hand but missed, as it cut through my shirt ripping into my skin, I let a howl out. I turned instantly, swinging my hand one after another, one connected then another, but the third was caught. Grabbing my throat, he lifted me slightly off the ground and I went flying back, landing on the ground recovering from the fall by rolling backwards and standing on my feet. I ran back towards him, kicking him in the stomach and connected a punch to his jaw. Going for another kick he caught my leg and threw it up, I flipped backwards and landed on my feet, only to be caught. I felt a rip into my abdomen, taking the wind out of me, with a loud gasp for air.

                I looked down at his claws which were glowing blue, his eyes slowly went from a cold steel blue to red. His eyes resembling mine, I felt a drain of power, my eyes returned to human and I lost my balance falling to my knees. I felt a sudden energy surge through my body, which caused me to stand on my feet and my eyes to return to red. I grabbed his wrist, now on my feet again and twisted breaking his bones in his arms. "Now I don't know you who are." I said, I heard footsteps come to a stop at the door. "Or what you thought you were going to do to me, but I will give you one chance, you can stay and I will break something else, or you can run." I said, my voice vibrating making it a growl. "I would run." Lydia said from behind me. Allison stepped forward grabbing a dagger from her waistline, "I would run" she said.