Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

I. The Will

I, Ernest Featherton, being of sound mind, write this last will and testament

With the same principles passed by my father and his fathers before him, I led an adventurous life and reached a pinnacle of success, one that is all my own. My dear wife went too early, but she left behind the most beautiful treasure my riches could never buy: my daughter.

With my choice to remain a widower, Mary will have to deal with the consequences. But I am confident she will face them with a strong heart. She may not know it yet, but she is very much like her mother—she is capable. She is strong.

Therefore, I declare that my entire fortune and businesses, the Mary House and the Angel House, and their incomes, be granted to my daughter, Mary Angel Featherton, immediately after my passing. I grant her total control over everything I own and supervise.

Furthermore, should Mary wed, her husband will receive nothing but the dowry I have set aside for her. I have not worked my arse off to hand over my legacy to some unknown gentleman who could very well be a conniving thief and bastard—in words and actions.

In the event that something happens to Mary, and in this case an unfortunate demise, and she leaves no will and testament, the entirety of my fortune shall go to my cousin, Barty Featherton, and his son, Collin Featherton.

Mary, dear, may you choose someone to wed as soon as you can as you will have a hound of thieves and greedy bastards who will find great disappointment in this last will and testament.

Choose well, my daughter, and get yourself a useful husband.

Listen to none but your Uncle Barty.

Continue my legacy, my dearest.

I love you, Mary.

Signed,

Ernest Featherton

Witnesses,

Thomas Avery and Bonnie Blake

Solicitors, Avery-Blake Firm