A Ripple In An English Pudding

The breakfast bell rang, all the girls were up and about getting ready for school. I live in Devonshire, the only place in America that would allow us to get an education. There was no proper school but just a little house next to our orphanage, run by Miss Carrie Harlem, who was probably the smartest woman which is why some say she'll never marry.

"I can't breathe anymore!", I shrieked, feeling my intestines being crushed by the evil corset. My friend, Mary, was trying to get me to look pretty.
"I would really appreciate if you stop being a baby.", she said cheekily. I finally got my new shoes on and we were all walking out the door in a single file on the pathway covered in Autumn leaves and the smell of fresh plants ready to bloom.
"Greetings ladies, you may all take your seats and we shall see who has returned this year. Edith, could you please put your sketch book away.", said the perfect Miss Harlem.

She had called all our names and we had all answered, "Present."
"Mr Hiddleston?", she called out. "Miss Harlem, there is no one of Hiddleston or even more importantly, no boy.", said Caroline, the girl who was able to talk back.
"Well then, let me introduce you to Mr Christopher William Hiddleston, who has come all the way from Winchester England to teach you English this fall.", Miss Harlem had brought in a tall, fair, baby blue eyed man.
"Greetings to every lovely young lady.", Mr Hiddleston had bowed before us.
"Is this some kind of greeting of the English?", Caroline had asked out of turn again.

"Well no, it's just the way a gentleman should greet a room full of women and as you can see I am also outnumbered", he said with a laugh. "Are you a prince?", Mary asked dazzled.
"Okay, that's enough with the questions ladies, we should get on in passing out the stationery.", Miss Harlem had requested Mr Hiddleston to get the books, carried all by himself. "He is a prince.", Mary had justified.

It was Mr Hiddleston's turn to teach while Miss Harlem went out into the market for fresh goods.
"Today we will be making sentences with the use of words that compliment", he spoke with such elegance.
"Let me use an example, Maura has the most beautiful eyes that match her raven black hair.", he said using my name as an example. All the other girls started to tease.
"Oh, don't worry Miss Maura. I wouldn't have said that if it weren't true.", he leaned over me. I could feel his hot breath down my neck as I tried to hide my bashful face.
"Moving along, we're all going to get to know each other. Now you can use the technique of beautiful sentences to describe yourselves.", he said taking a seat right next to me, trailing his fingers through his long, curly blonde hair.

Three weeks later, Mr Hiddleston had moved in our district. Miss Harlem had left for France to be with her sister and the duty of teaching fell before Mr Hiddleston. The County Fair was coming up, but I was never allowed to go.
"What will you be writing about?", he stared.
"Well, uhm, about the Feris wheel.", I said nervously.
"I was planning to go this weekend, but there's no one to go with.", he ran his hand down my arm.
"No, I can't go, I mean I'd love to but Madam Ella won't allow.", I tried to leave.
"I'll pick you up on Friday at 8pm, unnoticed.", he smiled persuasively. I agreed.

On time and waving goodbye to the other girls. I was dressed in my prettiest dress and was surprisingly happy.
"I need to make a quick stop home.", he said turning into his driveway and opened the door as I walked in behind him. He left to get an extra coat. I stumbled over a few books to find pictures...of me!
All over them was written 'She will love me'.
I looked at the psychotic man. "That's not you...", he cleared his throat, "It's your mother, Maureen, she had the most beautiful eyes and the most beautiful black hair, but then your father took her away from me!", his anger rose.
"My father?", tears started blocking my vision.
"My older much more fancier brother that your mother seemed to fall for, but now I finally have the chance to start over... with you.", he came closer, baby blue eyes turned green.
"No! Where is my father!?", I shoved him over but the door was locked.
"Oh! He is all of a sudden your father, he never fit the role!", he forced his lips on mine. "No! Stop it! Let go!", I had no other choice but to strike him down with a candle holder nearby.
"You?, you want to hurt me just like your mother did!", he screamed.
"For goodness sake! Stop living this nightmare. I'm practically your niece!? ", I was ready to hurt again.
" He is no longer my brother and you are my love.", he got up again, holding me down this time.

I awoke in a strange glistening room. A sigh of relief for it could have just been a dream. I was far from my senses.
"Hello love, welcome to England.", Mr Hiddleston said with a devilish grin whilst leaning over me. I was dressed as a bride and drugged. I could not move or speak, only let the last drop of innocence roll off my cheek in the name of greed, anger and jealousy.

"Would you like to tell the new members who you are, we'll all get to know each other.", said Mr Hiddleston, my therapist.
"My name is Maureen and this is not my first session. I haven't been the same since I lost my husband and child, Maura, in a car accident. Hallucinations can be my friend or make my life a living nightmare."