Chapter 1

My name is Amanda Dawn and I am part of the lightshade pack. Every year our alpha throws a finding your mate party and all unmated she wolfs must attend. Males from all over come to see if they can find their mate. I hate this cause ever since sixteen I haven't found my mate. I have in fact given up cause now I'm nineteen and still alone.

"get ready now Mandy",my mom said harshly.

"but mom, I whined, I won't find him I never do. Every year is the same crap all the others find their mates and I'm left with noone",I said sighing as I styled my hair and applied my makeup. She just rolled her eyes and left my room.

"Mandy come on!! ",my mom yelled.

I sighed and pulled on my pretty black dress and grabbed my matching wedge heels cause let's face it I can't walk in stilletos. We headed to the pack house and we got out only to be greeted by giddy she wolfs. I mean yuck who cares most mates aren't worth having anyway. I went to my friend Beth who looked gorgeous as she stood sipping punch. We both were still unmated but I don't mind.

Beth was looking at all the unmated male wolfs that walked in when she got that look and I stepped away as her mate ran up and claimed her. I grabbed a drink and food then took a seat. My mom looked pissed at me but I ignored her. I heard mumurs and look up to see alpha Mason Wilson walk in. My wolf went crazy but I got up and nodded no.

Mason Wilson is the biggest strongest and most feared alpha in the world. He never came to these things but I smelt him and I knew he was my mate.

Why aren't I excited you ask well it's simple he has a human girlfriend that he has been with for ten years. I sigh sadly and walk away even though my wolf jasmine is howling at me to go back. I hear the loudest growl and run for it. I make it to the tree line but I am caught. I feel sparks run through me as he spins me to look at him.

"mate",he growls.

"no not your mate ",I say lowly as he growls again.

"your coming with me either the easy way or the hard way",he growls and grips my arm while he yanks me to my alpha.

"so Mason you found her congrats man",he says shaking his hand. My mom is bouncing on her feet while she hugs me and kisses my cheek. Great mom you like it so much you take him I thought angrily.

"you have an hour to pack and then we leave",Mason says letting me go. My mom pulls me home and packs all my stuff. I am to shocked to cry or say anything. I don't think mom knows he has a human girlfriend or that he only wants me around so his wolf won't weaken.

"oh honey you should be thrilled you finally found your mate",she says playing with my waist length hair.

Yeah if only she knew I was gonna be used and shut away from the world. After an hour we load my stuff in a SUV and I look at my mom one last time as Mason forces me in the truck.

I will probably never see her again I thought as we pulled away and drive off to the Dark Shadows pack. I really could careless if I see her she hates me anyway.

Life was just never gonna be fair to me.