Chapter 1--The Good Life

My room was shining with light from the sun, which so rudely interrupted my slumber. I got out of bed a slipped on my slippers. I walked down the wood steps into the living room. "Hi honey! Did you have a good nap?" My mom said while flipping pancakes.                                                                                                        "It was horrible,where is dad?" I said,                                                                                                                                     "he is at work,he won't be home until late. I was thinking you could go watch a  movie or something?"  "What is it. You hate movies,and you think that electronics fry the brain," I said lazily.                                    "Well you caught me! I really need for you to get out of the house."                                                                         "Why?"                                                                                                                                                                                                   "That's not important. What's important is that you get twenty buck's to spend on whatever you would like. As long as you don't come home until 9:00 pm,"                                                                                        "What! It's 11:56 am right now!"                                                                                                                                                 "Please,this means a lot to mom,"                                                                                                                                            "Fine. I'm leaving."                                                                                                                                                                           "Thanks honey!"                                                                                                                                                                                I rush upstairs in a fury of anger. I had important stuff to do. Like watch Netflix. I grabbed my sleeve-less coral dress, which complemented my blonde hair,and green eyes.                                                                   "Get out the house, my butt..." I mumbled, changing into my dress. I quickly brushed my hair and trudged down the stairs. I step out of the house and onto the front walkway. The dry heat was intense and made me wonder why I hadn't put on deodorant. I jumped in my car and drove off.                               "Mall... Mall..."I murmured, looking for a parking spot. An hour later and I was charging on my credit card.                                                                                                                                                                                                        "Maddy! Maddy!" A familiar voice called. I turned.                                                                                                            "Courtney!" I smiled and hugged her.                                                                                                                                     "lets shop!" Courtney screamed running away.                                                                                                                  "Wait for me!"

"Thanks for the shopping. I really needed it. Would you like to come in?" I asked                                               "I would love to"                                                                                                                                                                                I walk inside and feel a scolding heat. There is precipitation all over the walls,probably from mom's cooking. I walk into the living room with walls painted with blood. I look at the floor were my mom and dad lay bleeding with a man in the middle.                                                                                                                           "Hello. You have a very nice house. I see you have a friend here. She wasn't planed,the power coming from her seems quite strong though."                                                                                                                                           I start walking backwards, holding Courtney's hand. She didn't seem to want to follow, frozen in place. She stumbled along with my pulling, despite her wide eyes and dropped jaw. I grab the knife on the counter top.                                                                                                                                                                                I let go of Courtney's hand and run at the man, knife in hand. He chuckled and dodged my attempted strike. Courtney, having had five years of martial arts training and not wearing a dress, dove into a punch at he man's gut. He blinked in surprise, but dodged none the less.                                                              "Your skills are pitiful."                                                                                                                                                                 "I swear--" She started. But he swung a punch into her jaw and she was out cold. He lifted her onto his shoulder and held her to him. He grabbed me and scrunched me tight against his side. There was a loud bang and a bright flash. I gasped as a crack opened in the middle of the air. The man stuck his foot in it and pushed it farther open. When it was wide enough for him to slip through, he jumped in.