My Little Decoy- Short Story

She stared at him from across the room from a chair with a slight squeak with her feet up. The ticking of the clock was the only thing that was heard.

Tick-tock

Tick-tock

Tick-tock

Fiddling with her fingers her gaze never left him.

She sighed, it was only a decoy, after all. Nothing real.

Just pure sex.

No feeling.

It bored her to tears.

It was never easy to let someone in as much as she let him into her life. The real one, not the decoy.

It started as friends and grew to lovers.

She missed him deeply.

But she didn’t know if he felt the same.

The day he left was like death.

Everything washed away.

Her mind drifted off to her memories.

“I love you” he whispered, scared of what she might say.

“I love you too” she whispered back, engaging him into a deep kiss.

She began to tear up. In avoidance of the decoy, she put down her glass, got up quietly from the room, and left into her dungeon.

She dropped as soon as she locked the door and curled up and cried her eyes out.

What the fuck did she do that for?

She will never know, but have to deal with the scar on her heart forever. 

He’s gone now. You did it again, you stupid bitch! She thought to herself.

“You...did....it....” She wept. “You....stupid...bitch...” She said to herself.

“I’m sorry won’t work this time!” He screamed in her face.

“I’m sorry!” She cried through her tears.

“Goddamn it, you emotional piece of shit, I’m done.” He tore off his ring and left.

She missed him more than she cared to acknowledge.

Don’t get too carried away, she thought, when she saw him.

She tapped his shoulder. 

“Ahem, ba-” It wasn’t him, but someone who looked like him “..Oh I’m sorry, I thought you were someone else.”

“It’s ok.” The decoy laughed. The decoy even sounded like him. “I get that a lot.”

She couldn’t help it, she cried in front of him.

“Wha? What’s wrong?” The decoy asked, patting her shoulder.

“I thought you were my ex!” She cried out and continued weeping.

“Tell me all about it.” The decoy said.

 She couldn’t help herself, decoy was just like him. And she really missed him. Everything decoy did, was just like he did it. She felt herself falling for him, and he fell for her.

Don’t get too carried away, she thought, he is just your little decoy after all...