(-one-)

WRITTEN BY and-we-run

There's a room in a hotel in New York City

That shares our fate and deserves our pity
I don't want to remember it all
The promises I made if you just hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on

And I just need enough of you to dull the pain
Just to get me through the night 'til we're twins again
'Till we're stripped down to our skeletons again
'Till we're saints just swimming in our sins again

Twin Skeletons blasted through Avery's ears as she walked home from the bus stop -- because she didn't want to hear them.

Avery couldn't process what was going on as the voices of Fall Out Boy filled her head -- and that was the point.

The song faded, the last chords played, and as the iPod found another song to play, Avery could just make out what was going on behind her.

"-idiot-"

"-she listens to-"

"-her mom voted for Trump-"

"-that's why she got jumped-"

Begin Again by Taylor Swift was next as she continued her journey home -- her quest to make it alive.

It was too late; she was already dying inside. She shoved her hands in her pockets, pretending she wasn't freezing with short sleeves in forty-degree weather.

She almost missed the turn that she needed to take to get home. She kept her head down as she turned into her court and almost ran into her house.

Typical. No one was home.

She had no homework, so she made her way to her room, closing the door behind her.

She checked her Instagram, where all she really did was post gif/image edits and memes.

You have a new follower: Luke Hemmings.

This Luke Hemmings had sent her a smiley face as well, saying, 'I like your memes'.

She didn't know who he was. She sent a smiley face back.