Cinderella

"Ella!" My stepmom calls from down stairs.

"Yes!" I say, running down the stairs to meet her.

"Come clean up this mess here." She says, pointing to the mess that my sisters made while eating.

"Okay." I said, giving a slight smile to the woman, before going to pick up the plates. I pile them up to take them to the sink when Taylor bumps into me, causing all the plates to shatter on the floor.

"Watch where you're going bitch!" I flinched a bit as she screamed in my face.

"Sorry." I say and bend down to pick up the plates. I groan in pain when a shard of glass slices my hand.

"Shut up! We're watching a movie here!" Carly shouts from the living room. I rolled my eyes and got up to clean my hand and put a bandaid on it. After I put the bandaid on, I left the bathroom and bumped into my stepmom.

"Why didn't you finish picking up the plates?" She questioned, raising a judgmental brow.

"I-I cut my hand and I went to clean it up so now I'm going back to the plates." I told her.

"Mhm. Well hurry up. I'm not getting any younger." She snaps.

"Okay, okay." I sigh and turn around.

"Don't get an attitude with me or else you won't be able to watch TV and you will never get a phone." She threatens. However, I ignore her and go to clean up the mess. I hear her phone ringing, the iPhone tune sounding through the house. I wish I had a phone. I do everything for her, yet she does nothing for me.

"Oh yes, that'd be wonderful." Her thin voice says into the phone. She waits a few seconds and says "Okay. See you then." And hangs up. "ELLA!"

"Yes?" I say, appearing in front of her.

"Clean this place up and cook something, we're having the Styles' over." She says and Carly and Taylor's heads snap in our direction with wide eyes.

"The Styles'?!!" They screeched.

"Yes, now go to the mall. You wanna look good for Harry right?" She says and they nod.

"Can I go too if I get my chores done?" I ask timidly.

"If you can mop and dust and clean off the tv and vacuum and make the beds and cook some steak, then sure." My stepmom says and I smile.

"Thank you." And I rush off to do my chores. I've already made my bed, and so all I have to do is make theirs which will take five minutes. And then I can mop the kitchen floor and then cook because this house is already spotless, thanks to me.

So within twenty minutes, I'm done the chores and now I'm halfway done with the steak. "Mom, I'm almost done."

"Okay!" She calls. The steak is now done and I take it out and place it on the table.

I set seven places since it will be me, Taylor, Carly, Harry, Gemma, Anne, and my Stepmom. I put the steak in the middle and then I chopped up some veggies, made a salad, and then made some chicken noodle soup, just to make it a full meal.

I go upstairs to my room and look in the mirror. I have some light blue skinny jeans on, a black tank top and my blonde curls are placed in a bun. I hear the door bell ring. That must be the Styles. I smiled to myself and went down to open the door.

I open it and my smile grows as I see Harry. "Hey" he smiles.

"Hi." I say and he hugs me. Carly clears her throat and we pull away, him rolling his eyes.

"Hey El." Gemma says next as she appears into my view.

"Hey Gem." I smile and she hugs me too.

"Anne!" I squeal as she just comes straight for a hug.

"Okay, dinner is already ready so we can just sit down now." My stepmom says.

We all sit down and start eating. "This is amazing" Anne complements me.

"You made this?" Harry asks with wide eyes and I nod. "Wow, who knew little Ella could cook." He says playfully.

"She probably poisoned it or something." Taylor hissed. My stepmom shot her a glare.

"I can see why you would want to." Harry mumbled under his breath so only I hear him. I suppressed a laugh and smiled a little.

"Ella, do the dishes." My stepmother told me after we finished.

"More like Cinderella." Carly snorted. I felt tears forming in my eyes. I do everything for my step sisters and mother and they have the nerve to mock me.

Before I let my tears fall, I see Harry looking at me with sympathy. I pick up all the plates as my stepsisters are whispering about me. I put the dishes in the sink and start washing them when I hear someone say something.

"Hey." I turn around to see that it was Harry talking. "It's so rude of them to treat you like that."

"I'm used to it." I smiled briefly before turning to put the plates back in the cabinet. His hand grabs a plate and puts it away for me. "Thank you."

"No prob-" he starts but is cut off by the Queen of Bitterness herself.

"Oh Harry, don't help her. She's supposed to be doing this herself." She says with a sweet voice but her eyes are cold.

"No, it's fine-" Harry begins to protest but is cut off. Again.

"I insist, go. I'll help her." She says and Harry gives me a look and I nod. Once he's out of sight, my stepmom grabs me by my arm and pulls me closer to her.

"What did I tell you about Harry!" She whisper yells. "I told you that you aren't allowed to talk to him, only Carly and Taylor can."

"He was just help-" I start but she smacks my face.

"If you aren't Carly and if you aren't Taylor, don't talk to Harry. He's too good for you anyways." She spits and turns on her heel.

Once again, I'm alone.