Love is in the Air!

Ever since he had fused with his spiritual reincarnation, Ōtsutsuki Asura, Naruto felt that his thought process had become much clearer and his mind could process things faster than usual. With this newfound intellect, he deducted that the assimilation of Asura had him absorbing the centuries of knowledge and battle instincts that belonged to the man.

With the powers that he had inherited from Asura, as well as Sasuke inheriting the powers of Indra, the duo had finally been able to create some breathing space in their battle against Madara. Unfortunately their battle had dragged on too long, allowing the Shinju to reach the final stage of its blooming cycle. With the fully bloomed bud of the Shinju staring straight up into the night sky, the Uchiha ancestor enacted his Infinite Tsukuyomi plan and succeeded in entrapping the entirety of the Elemental Nations within his unbreakable illusionary world.

Fortunately with Sasuke's quick thinking deployment of his Susanoo along with the power of his awakened Rinnegan, he had managed to shield Team Seven from the effects of the Infinite Tsukuyomi. However on the other hand, they could not exit the Susanoo without running the risk of succumbing to the powerful illusion themselves. Not to mention that Madara had encased every human within the Elemental Nations inside cocoons created from his 'Shin: Jukai Koutan (God: Nativity of a World of Trees)' and planned to sap them of their chakra.

In another stroke of luck, the moon was obscured by a large passing cloud thus granting them a chance to counter-attack as they could not be trapped by the Infinite Tsukuyomi during this period. However before they could even pick up from where they had left off, something unexpected had occurred right before their very eyes. Madara had been impaled through the heart from behind, the culprit being none other than Black Zetsu with his arm as the spear.

In the revelation of the century, Black Zetsu explained that he was not actually the will of Madara but instead was the will of Kaguya. As Black Zetsu slowly slipped off Obito and onto Madara, the chakra that was being absorbed by the Shin: Jukai Koutan emerged from the surrounding environment and collated inside the expanding body of Madara. As Naruto gestured for Sasuke to stop the transformation, their actions proved futile as they were trapped in the grasps of several tendrils. Trapped, they could only watch in horror as the rapidly expanding Madara suddenly shrink into the familiar form of Ōtsutsuki Kaguya.

Utilising her godlike powers over chakra, she transported them into a sub-dimension in the form of a cavern filled with boiling lava. Sasuke had quickly ran through the hand-seals for the Kuchiyose no Jutsu (Summoning Technique) and summoned a large hawk for them to land on. Naruto seeing the hawk struggling under the combined weight of so many people, made a quick Rasenshuriken and tossed it into the walls of the cavern. Kakashi, holding onto both Sakura and Obito, leapt into the newly created crevice in the wall so that the hawk could maneuverer better.

Without having to worry about them, Naruto and Sasuke went all out against their spiritual grandmother without holding anything back. Yet for everything they threw at her, she countered with ease and returned two-fold. Such was the power of the original wielder of chakra. In a desperate combination attack, a large cloud of dust was kicked up from the explosion when Kaguya had attempted to block it.

However as they were catching their breath, they did not notice her creating a dimensional portal within the smoke as a similar portal opened in the space behind them. Before they could react, they were both trapped in a powerful paralysis Genjutsu as her hands cradled their face in what Naruto could only describe as a loving manner. He was shocked when he saw tears escaping the Usagi no Megami (Rabbit Goddess) eyes, her facial expression was one of loneliness and sadness.

Before he could question her on it, Black Zetsu made its presence known again by slithering out of her sleeve and starting to absorb their chakra by latching onto their bodies. While doing so, it launched into some monologue about how the entire shinobi world was created just so that he could revive his 'mother' and how he had manipulated Madara, Obito and Akatsuki into creating the Tsuki no Me (Moon's Eye) Plan. Naruto honestly felt bad for her when he heard that it was her own two sons, Hagoromo and Hamura that had sealed her away when they found out that she was trying to reclaim the chakra from them.