The Heist

He has me pinned down with a dirty rag, probably used for cleaning the bottom of his shoes, stuffed in my mouth and he's breathing in my face. The guards hair is glued to his forehead because of the sweat drenching his body. His body odor is disgusting.

I messed up on my last run. I needed money for Levi and Liv, just a little more money to enable me to rent the room in the Drunken Duck tavern. But I got sloppy in picking my heist, the guy who offered it to me didn't tell me the details or the fact that this place had guards. That was my mistake, I should have known that a house in the upper part near the castle was going to have at least a few guards.

At least he's not a red shield.

"Stand down you scum." He spits at me. I glare at him and wiggle against his hold trying to get to the knife tucked into his belt. He moves up a little and I make a quick grab for it. When he slams back down onto me the knife sinks into his side.

This is the part that I hate every time. Every single time it comes to this.

I feel the blood run down the blade and I force myself to look into his eyes. To watch as the life drains out of him, to know that he probably has a family he will never see again. And I'm the cause of another widow, maybe another orphan to join the streets. Probably hating me, well not me, but the person who killed their father, brother, husband.

That's the part I hate.

I twist the knife and I feel the last bit of air drain from his lungs and come out of his lips. I feel the tears try to sneak there way out of my tearducts but I take a deep breath and will them to stay in for just a little longer.

I push him off me and spit out the rag, which starts a chain reaction to my gag reflex and forces me to go to the nearest wall and puke up my miniscule dinner.

When I look back up, I survey my surroundings and realize that I ran the wrong way. I ran towards the guard quarters. Just my luck.

I start looking for a way up to the roof which I find quite easily and hop onto the lowest part of the overhang and pull myself up and over onto the flat of the roof.

Then its a balancing act. Thank god I am as spry as a cat and can basically balance on anything, run on anything, as long as I can get a foot hold and I can hop from place to place.

When I finally get to the small fenced off area along the side of an abandoned fruit store, I start sprinting, I jump over the fence and do a roll so that I can get up quickly and run inside so that I'm not seen by any of the patrolling guards.

I crawl through an opening that Levi made when he figured out what I was doing. I let out a sigh when I see the two siblings curled around each other. I set down the small pack that I carried the rings in and pull the ruby one out.

Flick should take this. He should be able to get me to a underground jeweler and I can get the money I need for the rent. I look at the two younger kids and sigh.

"Only a little longer. You only have to sleep here a little longer." I whisper and crawl over to the wall, putting myself in between them and the larger door that leads to the street.

THE ASSASSINS POV

I follow from a distance and watch as she goes into a run down shop. They will be pleased I found the one responsible.

»»»»»»«

Hey guys!! Another fan fiction!! Woo hoo!

Anyways, I was reading a series called midnight theif and it inspires me to do this. I will take some of the names from here by the way so if you've read it don't get angry. I've also changed a few names so that they are similar but different at the same time.

Anyways sorry this update is so short. I promise they'll get longer. This was more of an introduction.

Comment vote