Chapter one

Eric and I were good friends, when he was in Erudite. He was my protector and always helped me with anything. He never gave up on me. My world came to a stop when he left me for Dauntless. I knew it was something it always dreamed of, he would talk about it relentlessly. He trained himself in secret, and I helped him. Before he left he told he would never forget me. That was the last time I've heard from him.

A week ago, my brother turned 16, and his results came out as Erudite. I'm not surprised, he's the smartest in our faction, and never had the thought of leaving. Today is my day. Today is my day to finally take my test and reunite with Eric. For 5 years I've waited for this moment. For 5 years I've waited to smile at him and be next to him, like old days.

"Alyson Mount." A lady booms over the intercom. I pull myself out of my chair and walk inside the room. All the walls are white, and the only thing not is the chair in the middle of the room.

"Take a seat, stay calm and drink this." The man states coldly. I do as I'm told and soon find myself wrapped in darkness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was always told that I never had a kind heart. I was always cold to everyone I talked to and never thought of anyone but myself. I have a violent side and seemed to use it in my test. Because I've lived my whole life in Erudite, my smart side manifested itself. I am honest, in a rude way. I only tell the truth when I want to, not when I need to.

I walked out of the room trembling. I was shaking so hard, I couldn't stop. Dauntless, Erudite and Candor was my result. I was Divergent, and there was nothing I could do to change it. To change my future. My fate was sudden death at any moment, and I'm not ready for it, whenever it may come.