Sparks Fly.

Hey guys! As promised this is the story of how Josh and mystery girl meet! The winner is xoxolexixoxo!! So yeah… a little background info:

Josh is a major music producer. This is happening in his studio. Please don’t confuse the characters with LWMB or Letting You Go in any way! They are very different. This is a one shot, but please tell me if it’s good enough to be turned into a story!!

Thank you guys!

Trishala.

Sparks Fly.

“This kid has a good voice,” I said as he watched the boy sing. “If he makes good use of it, he’ll be a success.”

My implied words were caught on by my secretary, James. “Already on it, Sir.” He replied before walking into the studio.

I was at my studio where this young guy, Jordan Port had come to audition for the new opening in for our advertisement jingles. He was a young man, no less than twenty. He came out and looked at me with star struck eyes. I smiled at him warmly before leading him into my office.

“So Jordan,” I started. “Why do you want this?”

I was expecting an answer on the lines of ‘I am the best man for the job’ or ‘this is my passion’ but he surprised me completely. He looked me straight in the eye and answered.

“I need the money for college. I have an advantage and I want to use it.”

“You don’t have a passion for music?” I asked, surprised.

He shrugged. “Not so much. But I know that I have the voice and I need the money.”

“Okay kid,” I replied. “You live alone?”

It was important to know all the details before signing a contract. This boy needed the money, but did he really need it for college? I wanted to know the truth. If he came from a well off background or if he worked before this then he would have some money. I knew most people started from scratch and had a hard time getting recognized but I wanted to create aa bright future for kids with voices which were really good. And his voice was just that. I knew right away that I wouldn’t need a lot of modulation to be done.

“No. I live with my sister.”

“And how old is she?” I asked.

He frowned. “Why?”

I almost smiled, but I held it back. I needed to show the boy what business meant. Especially business with Josh Burn.

“Because,” I dragged out the word. “We need to know everything about you before we give you the job. You have the voice and confidence, but I need some reassurance that you really need the money for college and not for drugs and alcohol.”

He looked surprised. “My sister is twenty four. I live with her. She works for a multinational company.”

“Parents?” I asked.

His eyes flashed with anger, but he soon controlled it. “They left us when Alexis turned eighteen. They said we were old enough to fend for ourselves.”

I was stunned into silence. I didn’t know how he could say the things so bluntly. It was as if he had no emotions whatsoever. It reminded of Amber but I shook it off. Right now I had a more important task at hand.

“You got it.” I stated. His face shone with surprise before he quickly covered it with a blank expression. “I will have my secretary email you the details and the pay and you can make the last decision.”