Chapter 3: Rucas

Riley is wearing outfit #1 and Maya is wearing outfit #2, without the plaid shirt.

.......................................................................................................................

Cause we're a page turner

Heart warmer, science fiction fantasy

Maya's POV

~ The next day Saturday: 10:00 ~

" Wake up, Maya! "

I suddenly opened my eyes and looked up from the ground. Riley was there, smiling very hard. How is her mouth not hurting? I got out of my sleeping bag and stood up. " Well, good morning to you, too," I muttered. The yellow sun shined in my face.

" Thanks again, Maya. Lucas and I are meeting up at the park later. Do you want to tag along? Be my.....wingwoman?" Riley asked, running a hand through her hair.

" Y...Yeah, sure. I guess," I said, getting clothes out of my satchel. I went downstairs to the bathroom to get changed. I brushed my teeth and brushed out my hair, letting my blonde curls reach my shoulders. All I did for make-up was: concealer, light brown blush, mascara, reddish brownish eyeshadow, and EOS lip balm.

I changed into a gray crop top with weird symbols on it, black jeans, black combat boots, and a denim jacket to top it off. I went to the main area of Riley's apartment, where Mr and Mrs. Matthews were eating breakfast.

 " Good morning, Maya," Mrs. Matthews greeted me brightly. I greeted her back, sitting at the table leaving a little space so Riley could sit next to me. I put two pancakes and a full circle of sausage on my plate with some eggs.

Riley came downstairs and sat down next to me. Yesterday, I opened up to Riley's parents. I just.....I just knew I could trust them. I told them about basically everything. How Mom treated me, how I got mentally abused.

"Thank you for letting my stay here, Mr. and Mrs. Matthews," I had said, wiping away tears I had shedded.

" Your welcome, honey. And you can just call me Topanga," Mrs. Matthews said.

I smiled at her and looked at Mr. Matthews. " And I'll call you Matthews," I teased.

Both of them softly laughed.

We ate breakfast then Riley and I went to the subway station to go to Central Park.

~ At Central Park ~

Riley linked her arm with mine as we walked around Central Park, looking for Lucas. I've never been a wingwoman before. This could be exciting!

" There he is!" Riley exclaimed, pointing. I followed her gaze and saw Lucas on his phone. Classic Lucas.

Riley ran up to him and I hid behind a bush that was basically right next to them. They sat down on the bench, gazing into each other's eyes. Will I ever be like that with someone? Of course I won't. No one gives a shit about me except Riley, Lucas, Topanga, and Matthews. Wow, that's way more than usual.

" Riley, you're amazing. I never thought I'd find the perfect match for me, but I think I have. I'm in love with you, Riley," Lucas confessed. I smiled. Ranger Rick is confessing his feelings!