Love Songs

Treble was a radio in a small thrift shop in upstate Maine. He was perfectly content with his life. Across the shop from him was a calendar, so Treble always knew the date. Treble was a radio, so he didn't need to eat. If he wanted music, he could freely play whatever he wanted. He was an older radio, made on November 13, 1994; no one wanted to buy an old radio. The amount of people controlling his life was exactly zero. He suspected 2016 would be like every year where he doesn't get bought. He was wrong. One day, a human man walked into the thrift shop and walked straight over to Treble. He asked the store owner, "Can I please buy this?" Treble panicked. He tried to scoot away, but then realized that radios can't run away. The guy picked up Treble. Oh no! The guy bought Treble. Oh no! The guy brought Treble home. Oh no!

"Human Guy" was what Treble thought the guy's name must have been. Human Guy lived in Augusta, Maine; at least that was the last sign Treble saw in the car ride to Human Guy's house. Human Guy put Treble on the wooden shelf above the fireplace in the living room of Human Guy's house. Three months have passed since Human Guy bought Treble; not much happened. Human Guy wouldn't pay much attention to Treble unless he would play Treble before bed, clean the shelf, or make a fire in the fireplace below Treble. Other than those 3 things, Human Guy wouldn't mess with Treble. There was one event, like Human Guy even has events in his life, that Treble found interesting. It was the day he brought over Human Girl. She looked like she was in her twenties, the same age as Human Guy. Human Girl told Human Guy that she was a gymnast and wanted to show Human Guy some cool stunts. Human Girl walked from one end of the room to the next on her hands! A hot pink MP3 player fell out of Human Girl's pocket while she was upside-down. Human Guy picked it up and gave it to Human GIrl after she was done with her stunt. Human Girl said that she gave the name Acapella to the MP3. Treble saw Acapella. He thought he was in love. He had to meet her.

A few long days later, Treble got the chance to meet Acapella. Human Guy had invited Human Girl over. She wanted to show him more gymnastic stunts but decided that she shouldn't keep Acapella in her pocket for it. She sat Acapella on the shelf right next to Treble. Human Girl showed Human Guy some more stunts. After a few stunts, they went in the basement to watch a movie. Acapella started playing "I Really Like You" by Carly Rae Jepsen to Treble. In return, Treble played "Hooked On A Feeling" by Blue Swede. After that, they both played "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell together in unison. They were in love.

A few happy months passed, and everytime Human Girl came over, Treble and Acapella exchanged songs. One day, things changed. It wasn't good change; it was bad change. Treble saw Human Guy in a suit, leaving the house. After a few hours, Human Girl came back with him. She was in a long white dress. Dozens of people came in the house after them. Had they gotten married? After a few more days, things were put in boxes. Treble was also put in a box. It was dark, cold, and lonely. Had Human Guy forgotten about him? Did he abandon him? Will he ever see Acapella again?

It was a couple weeks before Treble saw the light of day. When he did, it was in a strange and unknown house. Treble was put on a dresser in Human Girl and Human Guy's bedroom. Acapella sat right next to him. He didn't see her often anymore even though they were in the same house now. Human Girl would take Acapella with her in the mornings, and Acapella didn't come back until late at night. By then, Treble was recharging his batteries. Nothing changed in that process for a total of a year.

A year had passed since they moved into the new house, and Human Girl seemed to be getting fatter and fatter. She ate more and slept less. One night, she woke up and started screaming. Human Guy drove off with Human Girl. Treble didn't know what was happening. Treble saw Acapella next to him for the first time in a year. Treble played "See You Again" by Wiz Khalifa. In return, Acapella played "Love You Like A Love Song" by Selena Gomez. The next day, Human Guy came back for about an hour and kept leaving. A week later, Human GIrl finally came back with Human Guy and a small miniature version of them. They called it Human Baby. After a few weeks, Human Baby could walk and became chaotic. One day, Human Baby picked up Acapella and threw her under the dresser. That was the last time Treble saw Acapella...

It had been months since Treble had last seen Acapella. One day, Treble wondered if she was still working. He played "Stand By You" by Rachel Platten. He heard Acapella play "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten back to him. She was down there! Human Baby had heard the music, and he walked into the bedroom. Acapella could see him, so she stopped. Treble couldn't see the short human from high up there, so he didn't know to stop. Human Baby walked over to the dresser and tried to reach for Treble. Human Baby slipped and knocked into the dresser. Treble went flying down onto the ground, broken. Acapella saw Treble lying there, dead. Acapella started crying sparks. She played "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston.

And I will always love you
I will always love you
I, I will always love you