Chapter One

I tried opening my eyes but I knew it was useless. I slammed my hand on the snooze button. 10 minutes went by until it went off again but it felt like 2.

I threw myself out of bed and onto the floor. I hit with a loud thud, these days it's the only way I'll actually wake up.

I forced my eyes open and looked at the time. Now it is 5:30am, I've overslept 30 minutes. I sighed, I hate press days. I quickly got dressed and ran out the door.

Once I got to set, I saw my manager standing outside waiting for me and she didn't look too happy.

"I told you to be here by 6:30! Where have you been?!" She exclaimed, pulling me inside.

"In my bed where a teenager should be." I snapped grumpily.

"I'm sorry I've been overbooking you but look where you've gotten. The Ellen Show is huge, Mer!"

"I know, I could do with another hour of sleep daily though. I would be a lot less grumpy."

"I know you aren't a morning person, trust me, but look you have a whole week off coming up. I'm only pushing you because I know you can do it."

"Thanks for reminding me, that week couldn't be coming any slower."

We got backstage and stylists started on my hair and make up.

"My dad called last night." I said.

"What did he have to say this time?"

"Well he went over the same excuses. I'm so tired of being charged for the phone calls I can care less about having. I've made it pretty clear that I want nothing to do with him."

"After what he did, I wouldn't either."

I sighed, looking in the mirror and blocking the thought from my head. Once I was ready for the interview, I got up and made my way backstage. I turned to the right and saw Jake T. Austin.

I immediately turned away