Chapter 1

Vashti Giselle carter

" vashti room 103 is looking for you , they need service " I heard one of the bell hops say

" ok, ill get it , ! "

I was at work sweating like a Hebrew slave & 4:30 just wasn't coming enough. I had been here since 6am . I ducked into one of the.  closets & pulled out my phone seeing it was only 2:30, before I got chance to put my phone away i got a text.

I can't wait to see you. - cardi 💕

It was from my boyfriend cardell, all I could was just roll my eyes with aggravation. Cardell and had been together since I was about 17 & I'm pushing 22. He was honestly sent to me right at the moment because I was going through so much at the time. Cardell is six years older than me and has a daughter .I almost didn't even give him a chance but, he kinda charmed his way into my heart. Things just kinda naturally happen I guess , I had lost contact with my mother after moving back to New Orleans from Houma and was staying with my grandmother. I was jobless and was struggling to get back and forth from school and he helped me with a lot & I eventually fell in love with him

Now I'm 21 working as a house keeper in one of the most high priced hotels in New Orleans & I live him I had enrolled in a small trade school & obtained my CNA certification , but after a week of doing that I hated it. So I ended up at the Windsorcourt hotel.

But now I'm just bored, I'm bored with my life ...my relationship...I feel like I'm just living now instead of existing & I knew at my age I shouldn't feel that way.

                                      *****

4:30 finally came around I was  on my way home. The hotel was literally right on canal street so I had to fight through traffic & halfway drunk pedestrians. Soon enough I was pulling in front of the two door shot gun house. I shut my car off & gathered my bag and phone. I unlocked the door and was almost ambushed by deuce.

" really deuce , you almost knocked me down ,! Cardell should've let you out before he left." I yelled , I held the screen door open waiting for him to handle his business. Deuce was cardell's all black Labrador. I personally wasn't a fan of dogs, especially big ass dogs like him. But over time he's grown on me, I put more water and food in his bowl and made my way to the room. The closer i got I heard sounds coming from me and cardi's room, i quietly went back to kitchen and grabbed a bat.

I grabbed the end of bat kicking the bedroom door open and started swinging

" VASHTI WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING,????" " I opened my eyes and saw Cardell kneeling on the floor with his hands up

" where the hell is your car,? I didn't it see it outside I assumed I was here by myself I'm sorry..."

" dawg, you ridiculous. My car is in the shop , maybe if you wouldn't texted me back or at least answered your phone you would know that, I'm going pick it up later. "

" oh....I'm sorry, I didn't get any text messages or phone calls from you..." I was lying but he didn't need to know that

" you must've forgot your read notifications  on. Just say you didn't wanna be bother, you you was busy . Learn how to lie V" he walked out of the room with the bat in his hand rubbing deuces head. I can't even be cause I actually did ignore him , but still. I followed him to the kitchen and watched him pull out pots and pans and rummage through the kitchen.

" looking for something in particular , ?

" no I got everythin I'm bout to make some yakiemien. I ain't had none ina while" he said filling the pot with water

" yummy...ill bring you to get your car...where is it,?"

" I know you are, and it's right up the street. I'll drive , how was work "

" it was fine ...same as always. Cleaning up after a bunch of rich dirty people. " I sat down and watched him cook

" yea afta a while of workin at one place it can get kinda borin, but I mean I'd rather you complain cause your bored than to complain about being over worked or some other shit. " he said .

" I guess you're right. I'm about to go take a shower , what time is Kyla coming over,? "

" ion even think she comin ova. Her mama said she going by her cousin house for a sleep over. Why,?"

" cause that's my lil shorty. I love Kyla , I was looking forward to seeing her today "

" well maybe soon enough we can have our own lil ones runnin around here , if you stop actin bad witcha boy."

" ha. Or not " I walked back to the room to gather my stuff and I immediately heard his foot steps behind me. I already knew this was coming , I don't even know why he brings this up, cause he always ends up being pissed off in the end

" why don't you wanna have a baby fa' me,? We been togetha fa' too long vashti, fuck is the problem,?"

" I'm only 21 and we're not even married. You get pissed off about the fact that I don't want a baby , but I've never heard you bring up marriage not once. I'm not about to be just another baby mama, I want more than that Cardell."

" Vashti you live here you get anything and everything you want from me , you pretty much have access to anything I have , all my people know you , the fuck is the difference "

" ummm Cordell the difference all that shit you said means we're playing house . Your nearly  30 years old Cardell, you shouldn't wanna be shacking up . I shouldn't be the one protesting for a ring before a baby, you didn't learn that lesson the first time."

I honestly did mean that part to come out the way it did, I was almost scared to  turn around to see his face.

" I'm sorr-"

" the situation was fucked up, but the best thing that happened was my daughter coming into this world & for that I don't regret a damn thing about it you don't gotta worry bout me bringin it up no mo. " he said with a hurt look his eyes.

I took a heavy breath , and just got the rest of my stuff for the shower. I turned the water on and stripped my clothes off not even bothering to test the water first. I didn't even care how it felt , I didn't mean any harm by what I said But I also felt like there was some truth in it . He shouldn't wanna shack up and play house AGAIN at his age , that's how it happened the first time. I refuse to be like so many other girls that I know that are just " baby mama's." I want more than that for myself , I want a stable family , and I personally feel at his age , he should to.

------

Hi guys ok, so this is gunna be a little different than my first story. I wrote this a few months ago it was just an idea but I decided to put it on here . If it gets enough views I'll post the next chapter . This is gunna really different from my first book so it'll definitely be interesting to read. I wanted to do something different but let me know what y'all think & a major shout and thank you to missmakeovermycover for my book cover , 💜