¤Ω¤ My Wife's Kisses ¤Ω¤

Time reads 12:40: midnight and Levi hasn't arrived from work

Time reads 12:40: midnight and Levi hasn't arrived from work. His wife seats in the comfortable couch – knees bent to her chest – fearing the worst. Her hands fiddle nervously with the phone. The white blankets resting over her bare legs leaving little comfort. He'll come home, surely.

She takes constant glimpses of the time. Normally, she'll shoot straight to bed to enjoy a wonderful sleep after a busy day at work. Levi on some occasions arrives during the late hours of the night.

This isn't the case this time. Levi hasn't called not once the entire day. Normally, Levi will detail her his plans through a call or text message, but he hasn't done so. Not even during lunch hour. Levi always calls his wife a few times per day to hear her beautiful voice and ask about her day. Yet it didn't happen today. For the first time after ten years of marriage, Levi hasn't called her once the entire day.

"Where are you, Levi?" She whispers after having called her husband thirty times the last four hours. Could it be he forgot because of work? She ponders, then shakes her head. No. He always calls despite his hectic schedule. So what happened?

She stares seemingly to the front door; the television turn on to impede the silence to invade the pleasant home both Levi and her bought before marrying. She's always disliked the silence when Levi isn't with her.
She switches channels to watch the night news. Let's see what they’ve got here.

"This is Jessica Reslan, reporting live from the city of Shiganshina in Wall Maria. " A beautiful middle age woman reports in a sidewalk in front of what it seems to be a large bank. Jessica's honey colored eyes look unusually tired for today's night news.

They still haven't captured those two criminals? Levi's wife frowns. Why do people like them have the cruelty to take other people's lives and menace the innocent lives as well?

The new’s report has been running since ten in the morning. Apparently two criminals decided to rob a prestigious bank. Seems their plan didn't go as predicted. They're currently holding fifty hostages and none have been let loose.

"After a long day of anguish coming from the hostages’ family members, the Special Operation Swat Team directed by Erwin Smith, successfully captured the two fugitives. Bertolt Hoover and Reiner Braun. Unfortunately, four members from the Special Operations Team died during the capture of the two fugitives. The fugitives are now being brought to custody and been sent to-"

The jiggling of keys are heard from the other side of the front door. Levi. She sprints to the door – blanket and remote laid forgotten in the carpet– and wrenches the door open. Levi stands exhausted with his Survey Corps Swat Bullet Proof vest. She steps aside enough space for her husband to enter.

"You didn't call all day," she says, trying to hug him to no avail. He swiftly avoids her love affection. Confusion sweeps her beloved face. Sadness and insecurity embellishes her automatically from his rejection. It's the first time he rejects her genuine hugs.