Key's Morning Routine

It's his favourite part of the day by far, getting dressed and ready to greet the world. Key always rises with the sun, when it's spreading its warm, rose gold glow across the city and everything is beginning to wake and function. It's the only part of the day when he has quiet time, where there's a certain stillness in the air of the dorm that clears his head and relaxes him, a calm before the storm that is his day. At this time, Shinee isn't awake. His members are still in their beds; Both Taemin and Jinki sprawled out in a mess of sheets, two peas in a pod while Jonghyun and Minho lay curled up with their heads resting heavily on their pillows. They rarely ever get to see Key sleep. He likes to be the first one out of bed so that he can take his time in the bathroom, make his bed, pack his bag, and maybe make breakfast for his members. It's not as meticulous and routine as it sounds, it's just habit. Key likes to think he's pretty flexible.

It takes a minute for the water to get hot in the shower dorm. Key specifically requested that the maintenance man for the place to make sure the timer on the water heater was set to at least 60 seconds, as he knows that Taemin likes to jump in the shower quickly and often gets surprised by the hot water, nearly scalding himself. He grabs his toothbrush while he waits, glaring at his bleary expression as he scrubs and spits before admiring two even rows of white teeth framed by full pink lips with a firm bow in the upper lip. Then it's in the shower, choosing his pink sugar body scrub to was with because suddenly having uber soft skin is important to him again. Key's slim body is hairless, all apart of this new image of their concept, so now he actually must to be softer then silk.

Picking out his clothes is the fun part for Key. It's frustrating, sometimes, because what on earth is he going to wear today? The weather, his schedule, who he might see; those are considered when choosing an outfit. His mood, though, is often deciding factor. Today he's feeling good. His schedule is mostly free as warm weather is upon them and their manager was kind enough to free up some time for Key and his members. It's pleasant, with the sun beaming from behind wispy clouds, the kind of day meant for lounging, spirited walks, even curling up like a kitten and napping in the sun. Today, though, Key is going to have a blast testing his passion for shopping and eye for bargains by dragging some lucky guy or girl around as he shops for new additions to his already impressive wardrobe. Today calls for tight black jeans, the kind that cling to the eye-cathcing curve of his ass, molding to his legs and ending tight around his ankles, tucked into high top lime green and black tribal print sneakers. His tee shirt is slouchy and loud, hot pink and black stripes running diagonally over the jersey material, a bold mix of patterns and punchy play with colour. A thin black, studded leather jacket complete the look. Key turns in the full lenght mirror a dozen times, head cocked, and he's satisfied.

He's the only member who actually uses the vanity for something other than storage. Next to his closet, it's probably his favourite place to be. Kay isn't vain, not at all, but he loves having the power to change himself, to look one way today and to be virtually unrecognizable tomorrow. He's a chameleon, and he likes it that way. Powder goes on first, not that he needs it; Key and his members all have flawless skin but a matte finish just makes him look like a doll, which he likes sometimes. Eye make up is his favourite. Less is more although he's been known to play with a funky eye shadow. Today it's just liquid liner slicked along his top lid in a thin line, and suddenly his feline eyes look playful and dangerous, and he smirks at his reflection, raising his chin and staring down his nose at himeself. Key's eye cathes his cheeks, and he pouts, those incredibly full, soft lips (exfoliated with his toothbrush, a trick their stylist taught him) looking ready for a kiss as he sucks his cheeks in slightly. A little colour goes lightly along the hollow of his cheeks, and now he looks regal, sexy. His make up is finished.

Hair is always done last. Key likes to style his hair around his make up, because he doesn't like bangs when his eyes look this fierce. His hair is golden blond with platinum undertones, and the colour suits him well. "You can wear anything, any colour!" His stylist once told him, and smiles graciously, gushing a humble 'Thank you!' Anyone can wear such styles, he thinks, if you've got the confidence to pull it off. His textured 'do is short and thick with bangs, which he sweeps up and slightly off center with the help of a straightener and product, inspired by a dozen pictures of La Roux he stumbled across in a magazine he saw at the drug store yesterday. A little fixing here and there and his hair is done. Accessories include a black bubble bracelet and a simple silver band around the middle finger on his right hand, and after one more look in the mirror, he adds the final touch; a big smile. He's glowing, radiant, and catching a glimpse of that face is going to be highlight of someone's week. Now he's ready to start the day.

Key isn't perfect. He's far from it, he knows that, and he doesn't try to be. But getting up before the others, making usre he's got himself together and looks nothing less then amazing-- it's important to him. He is Shinee's umma, and ummas are put-together. They're not frazzled, but confident and always have things under control. Presenting himself is such away to others isn't really a priority for him, but presenting himself this way for his members is. Besides his own, their approval is the only one that truly matters to him. So you see, Key isn't the flawless diva he can sometimes seem to be. But a good dive knows how to make you think otherwise.