The Secret Visit

I open the door cautiously. Manya had left almost an hour ago, leaving me alone in the apartment. As the door opens, it reveals the man standing behind it. He gives me an awkward glance, before speaking.

"Hello, Reuven." I stand still for a minute. A part of me wants to embrace him, and never let him go. Another part of me wants to slam the door in his face.

"What are you doing here?" I attempt to sound harsh and cold, but my voice wavers and is shaky. He steps closer towards the door.

"May I come in?" I move aside, allowing him to step around me. I close the door behind us.

"Would you like some tea?" I ask, leading him to my bedroom.

"No, I want to talk. Your father, is he alright?" I nod my head.

"He should be out of the hospital in a few weeks, but that isn't what you came here for, is it?" Danny shakes his head. He takes a seat on my bed, and I sit on the chair by my desk. He shifts uncomfortably, and refuses to return my glance. "Why did you come here, aren't you not allowed to speak to me?"

"I wanted to see, no, I needed to see you," he replies, looking down at his knees.

"Is something wrong? Did something happen between you and your father?" He doesn't look at me. He sits in silence, staring at his fumbling hands. Minutes pass, and neither of us speak a single word. The only thing that can be heard is our breathing. I stand up from the chair. "I hate this silence," I comment, getting impatient. I exit the room, and walk into the kitchen. Seconds later, Danny stands before me in the kitchen. He takes a deep breath.

"Reuven, I don't know how to say it," he states. I look at him confused.

"I don't understand," I respond. The other boy moves closer to me, and brings a hand up under my left eye. He runs a thumb along my left cheek. My face grows warm, and I stand completely still. My eye closes, as he reaches under my glasses. Gently, he moves his finger along my eyelid. Reminding ourselves of our first meeting. His hand drops back down to my cheek, while his other hand comes up to my waist. I swallow, nervously. He leans in towards me, close enough that I can feel his breath on my lips. He hesitates, drawing back slightly. Suddenly, I feel his lips upon mine. My eyes go wide, and his close. I don't know how to react. Should I push him off? Should I kiss him back? My body is pulled, by his hands, closer to him. His teeth nibble on my bottom lip. I give a noise of annoyance, opening my mouth slightly. He uses this as an opportunity, getting better access at my lip. Shortly, he grows bored of nibbling at my lip, and runs his tongue along my bottom lip, soothing the raw skin. Then, he encompasses my mouth with his own. His tongue slips past my lips, and his fingers sneak up the hem of my shirt. I begins to feel weak in Danny's embrace. This isn't right, I begin to think. My conscience takes over, and I bring my hands up to Danny's chest. I give a slight push to his body. Almost instantly, he pulls back. He opens his eyes.

"Sorry," he mutters, taking his hands from my body. Danny steps back giving me room. I turn my head away from him. My fingers trace my lips. They run along the ripped up skin on my bottom lip, the sensation of Danny's teeth still linger on it. "I should get going, my father is bound to begin to wonder where I have disappeared to." I don't stop him, as he exits the apartment. My knees give out under me, and I fall to the floor, with my fingers still on my lips.

"To hell with you, Danny Saunders," I whisper.