Chapter 1

*A/N so here is my idea of a book. Rosemary's mom otherwise known as Lucy Armstrong is above. I really wanted to make a book like this so I did. LETS GO!)

"Honey. Come on you have to try harder!" Mom exclaimed. She was trying to give me vocal music lessons for Sunday. I had to sing in the choir with my 'church buddies' and sing god's word or whatever.
"I am an alto ma, it's It's hard to sing soprano when I have a lower kind of voice mom!" I yelled.
"You're Nephilim! Act like it. All female Angels can sing soprano!"
"I'm part human too! You know dad!"
As soon as I said it I mentally kicked myself. Mom furrowed her eyebrows.
"Don't remind me of your father! Please, practice whatever you want. I need some rest." She said as she walked out of the room rubbing her temples.
"Ok mom! Love you!" I called after her.
"Love you too, Rosemary!" She replies.

I feel bad. I know she misses him badly. I used to hear her praying about how much effort she put into it and nothing was given in return. It hurts to think about my mom being in so much pain. Especially at the hands of someone who should be my father.
Although I never had the pleasure of meeting this douchebag, I'm sure I prefer not to. Especially if he'll just leave me like he left my mother. Broken-hearted.

"Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why you had to go away for so long! " I sing. I love Electric Light Orchestra. Mom used to listen to them while cooking, but recently she's fallen into a depression slump. Money's tight and waitressing isn't exactly the ideal career in a single mother's mind, but having the other two jobs certainly must be more interesting than that.

***

"Honey! Bedtime!" Mom yells. I run up to my room because that means mom sings me a lullaby. I know I'm 16 but when she sings Hey Jude for me, I pass out within minutes. I don't really care if it's embarrassing.
She walks through the door and smiles.
"You're all ready. Don't forget to put the Angel Blade in the music box! I can't have you rolling over and stabbing yourself."
"I know mom!" I said as I take my key from my necklace and grabbed the blade from my waist band, putting it in there and locking it.
"Ready for your song?" She asked with a gentle smile. She looked so tired as she sat down in the chair at my desk.
I nodded and she cleared her throat. I grabbed my tape recorder under my blanket and clicked record while she leaned back in the chair.
"Hey Jude, don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better. Remember, to let her into your heart, then you can start to make it better....."
Soon enough I begin to fall asleep with the recorder in my hand. I'm sure she didn't see it but I swear I saw her smile at it and switch it off.

***

I woke with a gasp, panting.
'Jesus these nightmares are getting worse and worse.' I thought to myself as I got up.
I open my music box and take my Angel Blade out. Mom's got it programmed into my head that it's the first thing I grab in the morning. I put it in my waist band and looked towards the door.

Weird. Mom would usually have breakfast going for me, but I don't smell anything.
Shrugging, I skip down the steps.
"Good morning mo-" I stop abruptly and see someone hovered over my mother. She was bleeding and a glow just faded from her. I saw burn marks of wings burned into the ground.
Fear filled me as the person turned around. It was me! My face was on the person! But the thing is not me! My vision distorted and I looked into it's soul. I recoiled in horror.
'It's a Shapeshifter! I thought it was just a nightmare! How....how is it true?'
I grabbed my blade and yelled,
"Hey! Get away from her!"
I charge at it and it grabs my arm, kicking me backwards. I cough and watched my blade skid across the floor. Holding my stomach, I crawled to my blade but it stepped on my hand. A scream erupted from my throat and it kicked me back again.
"Little Nephilim, all orphaned and no place to go." It sneered, it's eyes a eerie gray.
I felt tears well up in my eyes, along with a burning sensation. I knew now that my eyes were glowing.
"Get the hell out of my house!" I screeched and launched at the shifter. I tackled it to the ground, it growling at me the whole time. I struggled to hold gown it's arms, feeling the blood in my veins be replaced with grace.
I record over and grabbed the blade,stabbing it in the chest.
It tenses and gasps, then goes limp.
I push myself up and limp to my mom with her blank face. Tears start to run down my face as I close her eyes.
"It's my fault. I...I should have known it was real. I....I will give you a hunters funeral, because you..you wouldn't wanna rot in the ground. Let me go pack up first...then I'll put you to rest. I love you." I said as I got up, hiccuping a sob. I ran to my room, grabbing my duffle and filled it with guns, rock salt, silver knives, my mom's and my Angel Blade, the music box, my phone, my recorder and my headphones. I pull it over my shoulder and grabbed some gasoline, salt and a match from the garage. I poured the gas on her, making sure it soaked her, and lit the match and dropped it.
As she burned I got the strength to say,
"You don't know how much you mean to me. I'm sorry....so sorry I couldn't save you. I have to get rid of this place and find my father. Don't worry. I will be ok. I love you mom. Very much."
And with that I ran out of the house and got on my moms black 2001 Harley Davidson. It's been so long since I've rode a motorcycle
I decided to drive to Bobby Singer's House, mom's preferred place of emergency. I struggled to remember the address.
I started going faster out of anger and sadness.
Tears start flying down my face and I drive faster hoping to stop crying soon so I can just see this Bobby guy. I have Mom's emergency note in my pocket.