Prologue

Thanks for checking out my book! Just a little note before you read.. This book is atually a true story. I may add a little stuff in. But not enough to effect the true story.

Also I will not be making little notes like this though out the book unless it is important. I want to keep it clean, and as much like a professional book as I can. Although I still may add pics.

Hope you enjoy!! :)
---------------------------------------

"Kia! Are you ready yet?" My impatient mother calls up the stairs.

I let out a long exaggerated sigh, and finnish my last curl. "Yeah! I'll be down in a minute." I holler back.

Quickly I click off the curling wand, and turn to leave the bathroom when my eyes catch something.

On the edge of the marble counter sits my sisters old zebra make-up bag. It may look nasty, but it sure makes her look pretty.

I've never been a huge fan of make up. In fact I'm almost afraid to.

Odd enough as it sounds, I am afraid of people thinking I am changing. Leaving my tomboy faze. And become a girl.. Which honesty terrifies me.

Although every girl wants the feeling of being pretty. Not all if them come out about it.

My sisters voice yells for me to hurry this time. Startled I shake out of my trance, and walk out if the bathroom.

Standing by the door is my seemingly perfect sister. Miranda. Perfect violist. Prefect singer. Pretty much the prefect daughter. Then theres me.

"About time." She mumbles, picking up her backpack, and viola case.

"You don't understand." I mutter in her ear as I reach for my pack.

She smirks. "Don't I?" I shoot her a look.

Mom walks up the stairs, and grabs the car keys. "Let's go!" She announces.

As we walk out to the car in the freezing rain, mom glances over at me. "You look cute today Kia. Anything special?"

I open my mouth to speak, but Miranda beats me to it.

"She wants to impress Ethan before he moves up to High School with me, and she's stuck in ninth grade."

My mom raises her eyebrow curiously.

I shake off her comment. "It's the last week of school. That means today is the last assembly. The orchestra will be performing. I just wanted to look nice. You know?"

Getting in the driver seat she nods. Miranda however roles her eyes and scoffs.

~*~

I sit on one of the schools many hard window seats.

In my lap I absent mindedly scribble music compositions in my notebook. The only way to get away from the noise and commotion in the main hall.

"Someone's all prettied up. Still no make-up though?" I look up through my hair to see one of my best freinds, Kade.

"Do you really think make-up is the main part of making a girl pretty?" I ask sitting up, and clearing a spot for him on the seat.