idk what this is called yet bye

my body started shaking as I heard footsteps outside my door, and I had silently prayed it wasn't my dad again. The door opened and I let out a deep sigh of relief as I saw Tyde in the doorway.

"You look scared, Len." He whispered, a forwn settling on his lips. I waved him over as I sat up in bed, criss crossing my legs. I bit my bottom lip to keep it from trembling and turned on the lamp. Tyde sat down on the edge of my bed, obvious worry lacing his features. "What's going on?" He asked softly.

"Dad yelled at me again. He doesn't like me being with Harry." I started shakily, looking down at my hands. "It got pretty bad tonight." I cringed lightly as I accidently brushed some of the bruises on my arms and hips. Tyde frowned deeply.  "He didn't hit you, right?" He asked warily, tensing up at the mere thought. I shrugged at let my hair fall over my face. using it as a curtian.

Tyde got the message. He tensed further. "He's such a bastard." He hissed. "Are you going to tell Harry about what's going on?" I shook my head quickly and pressed my lips together as I finally looked up at him. "I- I cant." He crossed his arms. "Why not?" He asked simply, as if it was something easy. "Because! he'd... I don't know. He'd overreact. Harry's overprotective, and he'd do something irrational." I said, my voice cracking. "He's still our dad, Tyde."

"He's not my dad. He's nothing to me." Tyde shook his head, his jaw tightening up. "Tyde." I said softly, scooting closer to him. "He's your dad. Okay? You don't get half the shit I do." I mumbled, looking up at him with glossy eyes. "He'll always be our dad whether we want him to or not."

"It doesn't matter! He forced me to join the military, Len! I'll have you know he's been doing this to me long before it started with you. And he has to stop before it gets really bad, He's not my fucking dad." He argued, shaking his head. I nodded and swiped a few tears away that had spilled over. "I don't want you to go back." I said softly, my voice hoarse. "Please promise me you'll never be shipped back dead."

Tyde sniffled. "It's really dangerous out there, Len." He said softly, looking down at his hands. I let a few tears fall. "Please? Promise me, Tyde. I can't lose you, my God. I can't. You're my big brother." My voice shattered. "You can't just... Go away and die. You have to promise." There was a short pause before he sighed. "Alright. I promise, Lennon." He finally murmured, pulling me into a tight but gentle embrace.

I nodded into his neck and hugged him back tightly. "I love you. And I'm sorry we got stuck with such a shitty dad." I mumbled, sighing softly. "I love you, too. It isn't your fault." He whispered, placing a kiss to my forehead. I pulled away and winced a bit. "You're not good for nothing, Tyde. And you wouldn't have been if you didnt join the military. I think you're an amazing person." I said, holding his face in my small hands. "I mean it. Don't worry about me, just worry about keeping your ass safe out there, yeah?"

"I'll always worry about you, sis. Whether it's here or on the front line. But I'm coming home. I won't let you down." Tyde smiled just a bit, his eyes watery. "I love you." I kissed his cheek softly and nodded again, biting my lip as a few tears fell and smiled softly, hugging him again. "I love you, too." I whispered.