I

i stare an my reflection in the mirror, unsure if i wanted to go through with this. i sigh."its just hair, Nat, its just hair" I remind myself. I section of the hair and being cutting. About seven inches later I have semi chopper shoulder length hair.

I hear a soft knock at my door and before I can say "come in" or "hold on" the door creaks open slowly. "Nat i ha- Natalie! what did you do to your hair?"

"Hi mama" I say looking up at her. I could tell she wasnt mad at me, just a bit surprised. I change up my hair a few times a year, so this is not anything all that new.

She stands in the doorway shaking her head softly, chuckling. "Anyways , Nat I have some news for you". She sits down on the edge of my bed, looking a bit distraught.

I walk over to her. "So" I say drawing out the 'o'. She nods her head and begins to speak again.

"So, I got a promotion at work". She furrows her eyebrows after she finishes talking.

"Okay, thats like really good right?" I had a feeling she was leaving something out.

"Natalie, the thing is that we have to move again" She tugs on her lip and stands up. "I'm so sorry honey, dinner will be ready in about an hour, we can talk more then." As soon as she was in she was out.

I expected myself to be mad, but honestly I was just a upset.

I cleaned up the hair that was on my bathroom floor and waited until dinner to worry about moving.

Dinner was quiet and somewhat awkward until about half way through.

"How does living it the vast city of Los Angeles" My mom says, trying to lighten up the mood.

Los Angeles is the place where everyone dreams of being. I am almost positive that at one point in my life I loathed everyone who lived there because I could never go. So in a way, it is like a dream come true, but i have grown to love my small city of Trinidad, Colorado. Going from living in a city with about 5,000 people to a city with 3,000,000 people is really dramatic.

"Los Angeles eh, could be fun" I do not wanna make my mom feel bad about us moving, I know its going to be hard on her too. Plus i know being negative about this isnt gonna do anyone any good.

I look up and see her smiling. "What did I do to deserve you, my goodness, any other kid would be starting a riot I swear."