Chapter 6: Farkle Minkus

Light years and they see the comets falling

This is the moment where it all began....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Monday Morning, at school, math class ~

Farkle was literally spamming my phone with texts like this:

" I told you to stay away from her."

" You're really begging for my love, aren't you?"

" Needy bitch."

I tried my hardest to focus in Math class. I had a C, on the verge to becoming a D. Mr. Rogers said I needed tutor. Better not be Farkle. Mr. Rogers started writing on the whiteboard and I started writing the notes. Riley was on my mind and I couldn't get her out.

Millimeters. Only millimeters were between us. Now, my feelings were messed up. What are we?

"Miss Hart. Miss Hart. MISS HART!"

I snapped back to reality and came face to face to my teacher. My cheeks turned red as everyone softly giggled. " S...Sorry. Just lost in thought with this complicated equation," I said, half lying. The bell rang and Mr. Rogers called me and Farkle to stay. We went up to his desk.

" Maya, your grades are....not the best. Math is the only grade that's keeping you from the honor roll. So, I assigned Farkle as your tutor, since he has the highest grade in the class," Mr. Rogers explained. Kill me now. I just nodded and left the classroom, without saying anything.

I opened up my locker and put my books in. I closed it and jumped. Farkle was suddenly right there.

" Look, Maya. Just because I'm tutoring you, does not mean we are friends. Got that?" He said, darkly. I rolled my eyes. " Fine. You know what? I'm surprised you still have all As," I shot back, then walked away to Riley's locker.

" Hey Riles," I said, casually. Riley closed her locker and squeezed me. " PEACHES!" She yelled. I quickly covered her mouth. " Shh! People are staring," I muttered. Riley mouthed an ' oh ' and I nodded.

~ At Lunch ~

Riley and I went to our usual, deserted table. As I started eating, Farkle dropped his tray on the table and sat down next to Riley. I gave Riley a look and she reluctantly scooted over away from him. I glared at Farkle. " Hello, ladies," He said, bringing back his catchphrase. I again glared at him and Riley lightly punched my knee.

" Just because you're sitting here, does not mean we're friends again. Right, Riley?" I said through gritted teeth, mocking Farkle. She looked down. " Okay, you need to stop putting me on the spot here! Maya, Farkle. How about you guys start your tutoring? I'll just eat here silently," Riley shot.

Farkle turned to me. " Yeah, Riles is right. You're lucky I didn't bring my heavy math book. But, I have the problems in my head." I groaned and drank some of my milk. Farkle started with the hardest equations. I banged my head against the table. ( bang my head against the wall! lol, let me stop)

The bell finally rang. I quickly got up and grabbed Riley's arm. I threw my lunch away and dragged Riley to the student lounge, where it was deserted. For now. " Riley, what the hell? You made me go through torture! You know I hate Farkle but you just didn't want to be stuck in the middle, did you?" I said, angrily.

Riley slowly backed from me a millimeter. " Well, sorry! Look, you're my best friend. And, I don't want you to fail. But, I know Farkle is your worst enemy, but he's my former best friend, kind of. Seeing my friends fighting really gets to me. So, Maya. Let him help you." I sighed and we sat down on a bean bag.

Soon enough, everyone piled into the student lounge. Which is also a Study Hall. Which means..... "Maya!" Farkle. Riley put her hand on my shoulder. " Trust me, Maya," She said as I met up with Farkle at the study tables. I saw a big math book and a few worksheets.

I let out an exasperated breath and took a seat across from Farkle. All of a sudden, Farkle's ' Friends ' came up to our table. One of the guys, Trevor, I think, punched Farkle's shoulder. " Come on, Minkus. Tutoring? Really? Here, I got you a pack of cigarettes. Let's go," He said. Trevor then looked at me.

" How about you come join us, Hart?" He said, darkly. I quickly shook my head. " I don't do smoking," I muttered. Trevor walked over to me and tapped my cheek. I squirmed. " That's weird. And just yesterday I saw your mother smoking. You would think Hart would follow her footsteps, but I guess she's gone...." " What are you gonna say?"

I looked up and saw Riley, with her arms crossed. Trevor and the other guy laughed. Farkle looked down. " I was gonna say your little friend gone soft. Just like you, Little Miss...." Farkle got up and pushed Trevor away from Riley. " If I were you, I wouldn't continue talking," Farkle said, darkly.

I stood up as well. Everyone sitting down kept chanting " Fight! Fight! Fight!" The other guy, Tyrone, pushed Farkle down. " How about I beat your ass up, Minkus?" He said. I couldn't just do nothing. Farkle stood up for Riley. Even when he was supposed to be a ' Bad Boy'.

" You know what? You guys are scared. Didn't expect that much from a little nerd, did ya?" Trevor, Riley, Tyrone, and Farkle looked at me. Yeah, I said that. Ugh, where is Lucas when you need him?

" You know what? I don't have time for this. Let's go, Ty," Trevor said, then stomped past Farkle on the ground. Riley helped Farkle up and I took a deep breath. " T...Thanks, Maya. U...Um, I'm gonna go," Farkle stuttered, then ran out. I just shrugged and picked up his heavy book.

" See? I told you sticking with Farkle would be fine," Riley said, softly. I just rolled my eyes and we went outside to the hallway. Farkle was by his locker so I walked up to him.

" You forgot your books," I said, struggling to carry the heavy math book. Farkle softly laughed and put the book away in his locker. He walked away and Riley and I went to my locker.

" What the hell is wrong with him? I stand up for him, sorta, and give him his book, and now he still wants to treat me like shit? Forget him," I said, angrily. Riley lightly grabbed my arm. " He...He changed, Maya. Farkle's a star. And stars can't change unless they change themselves," Riley said, mocking my words.

I gave her a look. " Really? Really?" I said.

Riley shrugged. " Hey, it's the truth. Farkle Minkus is a star."

I nodded in agreement.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

TBC

Okay, so that's Chapter 6. There really wasn't Rilaya in this; It was basically a filler chapter. HOWEVER......Chapter 7: Millimeters is gonna be WAY better. FULL of Rilaya. So, just stay in that seat of yours and STAY TUNED!!!!!

( Edited )