Chapter One: Lewis

The new china was delicately and strategically being placed on the tables to showcase the classiness of the ship's top restaurant. The fresh sea breeze blew in from the open door, giving the workers some sort of relief as we rushed around trying to make every single detail perfect for the upcoming passengers. I could feel the sun on my back as I finished off one last table before returning back to the kitchen. People chatted away probably with the latest scandal on board. When you live on a cruise ship every day, the best way to keep busy is to stay up to date with the latest drama of the passengers and crew members. With the two month trip ahead of us, you could bet we all needed to find something to do in our free time. My two roommates, Javier and Dominik, approached me, obviously excited with something they had overheard.

"Lewis, have you heard who is coming onboard? Apparently, the captain was trying to keep it on the down low to avoid the paparazzi from buying some tickets and joining them." Javier told me, passing me an official document from Captain Shepherd.

"If you are this excited about it, it has to be a very prominent celebrity. Who is it Jennifer Lopez or Shakira?" I teased.

Dominik shook his head. "You know if he found out about those two onboard he would probably faint, and the two of us would have to revive him. No, the royal family, you know the King, the Queen, and the three Princesses of Havendell? Word is they need to interact with all of the commoners on board to boost their morale."

"Doubtful. People like that would only want to travel to South America to make alliances with the governments there. The only thing I can't imagine is why they would want to align themselves with such poor countries when they are pretty well off." I replied, moving some extra plates back into the storage closet.

"Aren't you just the little diplomat? Whenever they get on board, you should have a talk with them about what they should do with their country since you happen to know so much about politics." Javier joked.

Our conversation was cut short as soon as Captain Shepherd entered the kitchen. "Attention, ladies and gentlemen. As am I sure you all know, the Royal Family has decided to sail with us. We are here to make sure that everything they need is accounted for. A good review from them and this ship and everyone on it will be set for life. I expect all of you to tend to their every need, but we have carefully selected three of you to not only be a part of the waitstaff, but be personal assistants for the three princesses as they go through their day. Lewis, Javier, Dominik, we do expect great things from you three. Once you finish up in the kitchen, meet me in the lobby to welcome them aboard." With that the captain left, without giving the three of us another look.

"Joy. We get to spend our last few youthful months taking care of a bunch of spoiled princesses. Why didn't they choose someone more experienced like Mario or Esther?" I spat out. It proved to be enough of a hassle whenever millionaires decided to come on board. I could only imagine the trouble these princesses would cause.

Javier gave me a puzzled stare. "First of all, Lewis, you are only twenty-four, so you have quite a while before your youth is over. When would you ever get the chance to speak with young, single princesses in Peru? Never. You should enjoy this opportunity. Who knows what could happen? They could be very fond of you." Javier tried to mimic a European accent but failed miserably.

"Javi, just because they are single does not mean they will even look twice at you. Besides, I don't think these girls would even be your type. High strung, sophisticated, bossy Europeans don't seem like your type."

Dominik stepped in. "Not all European girls are like that. In Poland, we look up to the people of Havendell. Their country started off as poor and vulnerable as many countries in South America and Africa. Over two hundred years, the Halliwell family has brought the country up to riches and success. I think that is admirable which will shine through in the princesses."