Prologue

jaylen's pov

oh shit...

"HELP!! HELP !! SOMEONE CALL 911 !! OH MY GOD !! " a lady is screaming.

i felt a sharp sting across my cheek. i couldn't feel my body.

"yayy!"

yay?

the voice came closer.

"JAY! JAYLEN GET THE FUCK UP !!"

Ang? huh? what the .... oh shit Ang !

i fluttered my eyes." what... the fuck?! Ang-"

I was interrupted my the most loudest scream I ever heard. it took me second to realize it was my own. Ang dragged me out the car and laid me on the ground, i took a minute to take in the scene in front of me.  the truck was upside down, smashed on the ground. there was nothing but grass and road beside us. people were gathering around it was becoming a scene. we hadn't even got up the bridge before we flipped. Ang's face was disgusting, cut up and covered in blood. one of her arms was slumped like it popped outta place or something... damn. what the hell happened?..

we were driving  i remember , we had to go, we had to leave.

 i felt an unbearable pain on my left shoulder, i looked down to see the bullet wound.

they shot me, thats when i lost control of the car.

"oh my god..." i heard the lady say." are those drugs?!"

oh shit. i looked around and saw the bags of cocaine laying on the ground. i tried to get up but i couldn't move... i couldn't feel my body.

'so this is it for me huh God?' i thought to myself. 

"Ang !" it hurt to speak. she was freaking out picking up the bags throwing them back n the duffle. she grabbed the gun out the car and pulled on my arms. 

"get up jaylen !!!"

" i can't move !!" i yelled. " i can't-t i can't feel my body Ang its over! " i began to cry." you have to go Ang! you gotta do it!!"

she sunk to her knees " Jaylen please !"

"you have to ! there's no time!"

"N-no ! I-"

"ANG DO IT NOW!!"

"NO!!!"

angela's pov~

"NO!!!" i screamed awake. it echoed in the cell.

" shut the fuck uppp !!" pitts said before hitting me with her pillow." thats the 3rd time this week Martinez , you wake me up again and im gonna beat the shit outta you."

"yeah.. yeah my bad" i said breathlessly.

all through out the day i thought about her, i saw her face everywhere i went, i heard her voice in my head, her laugh, everything.

i wiped my tears, n held my head up so the sunlight could shine on me as much as it can n this slimy courtyard with the tallest walls I've ever seen.

 i looked up at the sky, remembering, questioning all the decisions that  led up to this, to my self destruction.