FOREVER

There was silence. One was at one end and one was at the other. The thread that had held them together was getting weak. They knew but both of them neglected. Each day they asked themselves the same question what are we doing? Is this the right thing to do? Am I being egoistic? Then the voice in them spoke, "No, you are holding up because of your self esteem. She is the one who is being egoistic."
After hearing this self made answer they neglected the hollow feeling in their heart and blamed one another.
Days passed and the conversation became nil. They even avoided to look in each other's eyes.
As the time flew they got new people in their life. They thought they did the right thing as they were more happy without each other but in the lower corner of their heart they knew how much they miss each other, the nonsense talks, the shared secrets, the emotions, the feelings, all of them were suppressed but they were there.
One day suddenly both faced each other, that was the time to make everything all right. That was the time to clear the misunderstandings. They wanted to hold each other and tell, how much they mean to each other. How much they long their presence in their lives. They wanted to tell how much they miss each other. They took steps forward to each other, came face to face and then passed each other without a word, hearing a voice that said, "Don't low down, let her take the first step and apologise. She is the one who needs to correct her mistakes."
That was the day when ego won over their friendship.
The two girls who found their home in each other were separated and this time it was FOREVER!!