The Duet

✘ Don't play song yet ✘

Kageyama's POV

*WHAM* Another point scored by the one and only Hinata. It was after school and we were having a practice match, first years vs second and third years. It was a close game, but Hinata had just scored the match point.

"Did you see that Kageyama?!" The little ball of sunshine screamed running up to me. "I scored the match point."

"Of course I saw idiot, I was the one who set the ball." I reminded him.

"I know, but still!"

I sighed. Hinata may be an idiot, but I've come to love him. Idiot and all.

"Ok everyone gather up!" Daichi yelled from across the gym. Everyone listened and met up to where Daichi was standing with Suga. "Amazing practice today everyone! As a reward I'm treating everyone to karaoke!"

Everyone but myself and Tsukishima cheered. Shit I thought to myself, it's not that I couldn't sing, in fact it was quite the opposite. My mother forced me to take singing lessons when I was younger, so if anyone heard me they'd probably laugh.

"Do we have to sing?" Tsukishima asked, sighing to himself.

"No, but it would be good for trust building amongst each other. But you should at least tag along." Daichi answered.

I sighed in relief. Thank Yato I thought.

"Oi Bakeyama! We should sing together!" Hinata yelled in excitement.

"Haaa?! No way!" I yelled back. Singing with him would be way too embarrassing, and I'd probably end up doing something stupid.

"Pleaseee?? I'll buy you a new volleyball!" He begged. My eyes lit up, I've been needing a new volleyball for about a month and haven't had a chance to get one.

"Promise?" I questioned.

"Promise!"

"Fine, I'll sing a song with you." I sighed, agreeing. Only because I wanted that volleyball, though.

"Hooray! I get to sing a duet with Kageyama!" He cheered.

After changing, the entire team headed towards the karaoke building. Most conversations along the way were about volleyball, with some other things I didn't care enough to listen to.

"The freak duo should go first!!" Tanaka and Noya randomly screamed.

"No way, you two should!" I yelled back over my shoulder.

"It's you're fault we all have to sing duets!" Tanaka continued.

"Exactly! So you should go first!" Noya yelled, backing up Tanaka.

Daichi had stopped walking, emitting a menacing aura causing the 4 of us to freeze in our tracks.

"Don't worry, we already decided the order." Suga said is his motherly voice, trying to prevent Daichi from snapping. "Me and Daichi will go first, then Ennoshita and Asahi, Tanaka and Nishinoya, Narita and Kinoshita, Kageyama and Hinata, and if he's willing to Tsukishima and Yamaguchi."

"But because of your attitude you two get to go last." Daichi noted, staring down at Tanaka and Noya.

"Y-Yes sir!" They stuttered.

After that we all continued walking as Tanaka and Noya continued to scream about how they were going to die because they can't sing, and us first years tried not to laugh at their suffering.