Chapter 8: Water

Every single hero has to start out looking like me and you

So never mind excuses, we can do this if we really want to.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ The next day, Saturday, 11:00 A.M~

I went in the bathroom after having breakfast and changed into a simple red bikini. Riley and I were going to the beach, unsupervised. Matthews protested, but Mrs. Matthews gave us permission as long as we didn't do anything stupid.

I put my hair in a messy bun and did light makeup: Foundation, hot pink eyeshadow, light mascara, light brown blush, and Nivea lip butter. I put on a teal dress like cover up over my red bikini and exited the bathroom.

Riley was on her phone, laying on her bed. Even with bed head and no makeup, she looked gorgeous.

Stop thinking that, Maya!

I snapped out of it and walked over to Riley. "Bathroom's open," I said, putting a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. Riley put her phone down and stared at me.

" Maya, does anyone tell you that you look beautiful?" Riley muttered. I blushed, my cheeks turning a hot pink. Riley must've noticed because she giggled and said, " You look cute when you blush." I smirked.

" Okay, stop flirting with me, Sunshine. Just go change so we can leave. Lucas said he's gonna come here and give us a ride instead of meeting up with us in the subway," I said. Riley's face turned a light shade of red as she walked to the bathroom. I smiled to myself and gathered things like sun block and our beach bags.

She called me gorgeous. And cute.

After ten minutes, Riley came out the bathroom. She was wearing a simple real bikini, and her hair was in a pony tail. And, her makeup was flawless as always. I slyly grinned at Riley.

" Riley, we're gonna be in the water. You did all that makeup for nothing," I remarked. Riley giggled. We slipped our feet in our flip flops then went downstairs. Riley put on her lace jacket like cover up when we saw Mr. Matthews. Ha. "Oh, Lucas needs to be buzzed in. Have fun, girls!" Mrs. Matthews said.

Riley and I hugged her and ignored Mr. Matthews's protests. I buzzed Lucas in and we went outside to his car. Since I always sat in Lucas's passenger seat, Riley had the backseat all to herself.

I took put my sketchbook and started drawing to keep busy. I kept drawing a girl that looked a lot like Riley. She was either smiling, dancing in the rain, or with this other girl that looked a lot like me. I felt a steady breathing from behind me.

I turned my head and came face to face with Riley. I jumped in my seat. " Riley! What the heck?" I exclaimed, startled. Riley giggled.

" Sorry! I just wanted to see what you were sketching," She said. I sighed and continued drawing. The finished piece was a brunette and blonde splashing each other with water on the beach.

I quickly put my sketchbook back in my PINK beach bag and hooked up the Bluetooth. Written In the stars was playing. Lucas stopped at a red light.

" Okay, Lucas. You be the Dreamcatcher and me and Maya will be the Girl," Riley ordered. I laughed and started over the song.