Sad Friendship Story

Best Friend

Lily had a friend. She did everything with her. They liked the same things and they could always count on each other. Her name was Rhiannon.

One day Lily was at the bus stop and noticed her friend wasnt there. Thinking she was either sick or missed the bus she hopped onto the busy bus.

Lily spent the whole day by herself. Rhiannon had never showed up, which made Lily wonder if anything had happened. People looked at her and frowned and some even laughed.

After the long walk home she decided to call her friend. But when she did call no one answered. Lily tried again and again but still no one answered. Finally she gave up and went to sleep.

Yet again the next day Rhiannon was away. Lily was worried as Rhiannon hadn't picked up a call and never was away two days in a row without telling her.

After another lonely day she tried to call again. Still no one answered. Suddenly a rush of reasons came to her head of why. She might be dead, or in the hospital or maybe kidnapped. Shaking the silly ideas out of her head she went to sleep.

A week went by and no one had answered her calls and Rhiannon was still not at school. Lily decided to stop at her house and check up on her on the way home that day.

Lily hummed to herself as she walked, happy she would see Rhiannon again. The sky rumbled and rain started to fall. Running Lily finally made it to the drive way.

Lily walked down the drive and saw Rhiannon's tall, brown house. The cars weren't there but she still walked up the stairs to her house.

When she reached the gate at the top she saw Ella their dog. If Ella was here she knew Rhiannon or her parents were home. If they weren't then Ella would be in her kennel.

Ella barked at Lily. Lily thought she would run to her like always but she seemed weak. Lily turned her head and saw Ella's water bowl was empty.

Slowly unlocking the gate Lily walked forward towards Ella. Ella grolwed and Lily stopped. She grabbed her water bottle and filled Ella's bowl up. Ella watched her with curious eyes.

Lily lifted the bolw and put it by Ella's head. Ella drank it all. Lily stood and went to the front door and knocked. When no one answered she knew somthing was wrong. They would of never left Ella with no water. They cared about her.

Lily locked the gate and left. Promising to come back the next day.

After school the next day Lily returned and still no one was home. She gave Ella some water and food. As she was about to leave she heard a car come down the drive. Shutting the gate she ran down and saw Rhiannon's mum with tears in her eyes. When she saw Lily she looked as though she was going to cry more.

"Whats wrong?" Asked Lily.

"It's Rhiannon." She replied.

It felt as though Lily's world came crashing down. Rhiannon's mum escorted her to the car and they drove off.

She stopped at a hospital. When she entered Lily followed and then in the waiting room she saw all Rhiannon's family but no Rhiannon.

"Finally" Said Rhiannon's dad.

"Shes been asking for her." Said Rhiannon's brother, Xaiver.

Before Lily could ask any questions Rhiannon's mum grabed her arm gently and pulled her down the corridoor. She stopped and opened the door and all she saw was Rhiannon pale and on a bed.

Lily entered slowly and felt tears threatening to fall. Rhiannon's mum shut the door as Rhiannon spoke.

"Hey." She said.

"Wh-wha-what's wr-wr-wrong?" Lily asked stuttering.

"I have cancer." She replied.

Before Lily could ask any more questions Rhiannon spoke quickly.

"We only have a few moments before I go, Lily you were the best friend. You stayed by me and helped me when I needed it. When I die remember, I WILL miss you." She said.

"I don't-" Before she could finish a beeping sound rung through her ears. Docters swarmed in the room and tried to pull Lily out. Lily thrashed around and yelled and cried. All she could think was her best friend was gone. Dead. Never to be seen again.

At the funeral Lily stood along with the many others. No one understood what it felt like to be there when she died. After the funeral everyone left but Lily. She walked up to the tombstone, tears in her eyes. She bowed her head in respect.

Lily was silent for five minutes and you could only hear her cry's. Lily reached into her bag and pulled out a knife. She traced it around her heart and neck. Wondering where to cut.

Lily knew she couldn't make it without her. Because without Rhiannon she was incomplete. A broken heart. A puzzle with a missing peice.

Lily wiped away her tears and slammed the knife into her neck. No one was around so no one could hear her crys.

Blood went evertwhere but on the grave. Lily fell, and looked up at the sky. The rain stopped and the clouds cleared. The sun shone and Lily smiled, closing her eyes. Lily felt at peace, knowing she was gong to see Rhiannon.

When Lily finally passed the rain fell yet again, as if it was sad. As if the sky was crying for the young girl. The birds sung a sad song and the wind blew. If you were to hear it you wouldv'e thought they sung for the dead girl.

And if you saw Lily's body next to the grave you would think one word and that would be peace. For Lily's smile made you feel not so alone.

I guess friendship is stronger than everyone thought.

Thanks for reading! Vote and comment! Should I do more short stories? Should I just stop making you all cringe? Lol bye!

~ImAFighter29