Home

Ben stared at the filled out application in front of him. In big letter on top wrote "Youth Corp". Ben had always heard about them from his father when he was a little kid. He could hear him saying it now, " don't worry son, when you grow up you can join the Youth Corp and we'll both watch eachother's backs". His father was such an optimistic man. Too bad he still wasn't here to raise the downtrodden in times of adversity like now. Ben and his mother lived on a farm in the eastern hills of the large continent Flokerus. Their little Podunk town was known as kinship. The economy had tanked since the last big war between the previously powerful militaries. Food was of little value and the prices inflated so Ben and his mother couldn't keep up with the debt they owed their bank on the large metropolis known as Howl city.
Ben was still lost in thought when his mom came into the kitchen and so him. She just stared at the paper in his hand for a good minute before her emotion steamed over. " You're gonna leave just like him aren't you!" She exclaimed. " you and that big moron jake next door are just gonna go off and play soldier while IM stuck with all the bills!" She continued her rant at Ben until her gas tank emptied in frustration. Suddenly she said "Well aren't you going to say anything!" Ben looked her right in the eyes and said "yeah. I'm sick and tired of being stuck here mom. I want to go live! Not rot on this farm sinking into the sea of corruption the foundation lays on! So yeah I'm leaving! And when I get back, everything will be different! We won't live on a farm anymore! We'll live in a huge ass mansion on Howl city Main Street!" Ben then stormed off out the front door and slammed it shut.