nobody but you

(A/N: okay, so this story is complete. This is my first story and it flops around mainly between two ppls pov. I didn't indicate who's pov it is but its pretty easy to follow. Anywho, this takes place at LSU and no, I'm not sure if this is how things are run there, I'm totally guessing.enjoy)

Prologue

LSU... god it was beautiful here. Mia looked around to get a better idea of her apartment-style room. This was the best college she interviewed and she liked what she saw. Granted the school probably liked her even more than she liked it, but that's because her parents thought to insure her acceptance by donating for a whole new wing.

Not that she needed it. She didn't think her parents grasped the concept of what graduating with a full scholarship, and being the schools valedictorian meant. But she really wasn't surprised; her dad cared about their money, and her mother only care about how they looked, physically as well as socially. They were really shallow people. Her mother had made certain she learned how to look good all the time, not that she was ever good enough for her mother. She really only felt comfortable with her father; she was really smart and could actually have discussions that didn't have anything to do with money or looks.

Genius. The word ran through her head; she loved being so smart, but her clique had shunned her after finding out she was smarter than most of the "nerds" in the school. Well all except two who happened to be attending LSU with her.

Lauren and Becky, her two closest friends; Lauren was big time rich and was pretty and popular, stereotypical cheerleader was the best way to describe her, her defining trait was she was a bitch. To use and old phrase she thought she was god's gift to men. Actually, she thought distantly, she thought she was god's gift to everyone. She was convinced when she walked into a crowded room, everyone was looking at her.

Becky on the other hand was from working-middle class, and contrary to what her most current ex-boyfriend and Lauren has said, she is very pretty and very smart, and has one of the kindest personalities ever. She also has the same sense of humor that Mia had...

The front door opening and slamming shut brought her mind back to the present. Crap. That was probably her roommate. She knew first impressions meant a lot, but she had been setting up her room to her liking and that had taken longer than she had estimated. She looked haggard.

Well, she thought as she pulled her long hair into a sloppy bun and perched her glasses on her nose, because her contacts she usually wore were packed up in a box somewhere in her closet, might as well introduce myself. She walked into the living room part of the apartment.

Chapter 1

There was no one here. Huh, maybe her roommate had been living. Whatever, she had more important things to attend to, like making lunch.

She walked into the kitchen and turned on her iPod docking station to her favorite song of the week, which happened to be Fully Alive by Flyleaf. She grabbed a cup of noodles from the painfully bare cabinet. She really needed to get some food in this cabinet.

The food was almost cooked when a deep, defiantly male voice sounded from just behind her.

"Who the hell are you?" Mia spun around and looked into the deepest dark blue eyes on Earth. They were the color of a deep, flawless sapphire.

"Uh, I uh... I'm Mia. Mia Gault, I think I'm your roommate. And you are?" she stuck her hand out and looked down at her feet to get her expression under control.

"Andy Morris." He shook her hand, after releasing her hand he reached over and turned her iPod off. "We need to talk. 1) If were both gonna be living here then I'm not listening to girly music. And 2) I'm having some friends over, so just a little heads up you might want to leave." He turned away and plopped onto the couch.