Prologue

Its was a normal Friday night, Cidian Moon just finished his fighting lesson with his master, Kuro. He was learning how to use a custom weapon made by his father and Kuro-sensei. It didn't have a name yet but it could change its form with the wielder's mind. So far, only Cidian and his master had been able to use it. Even Cidian was having a problem using it properly. But, none of that mattered today. Today started a week that he had no lessons. His master had important things to do. He was ecstatic, every week at school he had been exhausted as all hell. "FINALLY!" he thought out loud, "I can get a normal night of sleep for a while! Yes!". With that he promptly crashed face first onto his bed and fell asleep instantly.

.  .  .

Cidian was having an amazing dream that he was known by everyone, famous for slaying thousands of Grimm, but then it took a dark turn, he was hated by everyone. His master was yelling at him. Then Cidian woke to his teacher shaking telling him "We need to leave, NOW!". There was Grimm everywhere tearing the house apart. "Where are my parents?" ask Cidian realizing they weren't with them. "They're holding off most of the Grimm, we must make to the dojo!". Kuro's eyes were wild with adrenaline, look out for other Grimm along the way. He had the weapon with him, at the moment it was something Cidian had never seen before, it was a two ended scythe with one blade pointing one way, one pointing the other.

The family crest was in the middle of it, a black and purple set of angel wings. Kuro saw an Ursa emerge from the woods. As Kuro was fighting the Ursa he heard Cidain's mother yell. "NO! Nathan!" Cidian turned to his father had picked up by a Nevermore and dropped into a Death Stalker's pincers and snapped in half. Cidian couldn't comprehend what happened. Kuro turned to see what happened and yelled trying in vain to stop Cidian's mother from charging toward the Death Stalker. "MAI! DON'T" but she didn't listen instead, she dodged the Grimm's stinger and dove for Nathan's body grabbing something and using her rifle to shoot it to Kuro and Cidian. "Here!" she yelled "You know what to do, Kuro!".

He nodded, caught whatever Mai shot at them, and looked away as Cidian saw the Death Stalker rear back it's stinger and impale his mother. "MOM!!!! NOOOOO!!" he screamed, Mai smiled at her son, coughing up blood as she said "It'll be okay Cid, don't worry." then went limp. Kuro grabbed Cidian who was struggling against him. "Cid we need to go!" He looked at his master in disbelief, "How can we leave them? We have to go back!"

Kuro grabbed Cid by the shoulders and got into his face "You think I want to? My life-long friends are dead and they trusted ME to get their son to safety. Now lets go!" Cid being reluctant, but willing went with his master inside the dojo. Huffing and out of breath he slid down the wall in shock. Kuro looked outside and cursed,"Cid, hide in the basement and lock the door, don't open it or make any noise. Here take these." Kuro shrunk the two-ended scythe into a bracelet with the black and purple wings, the travel form of the weapon, and a necklace with the same crest on it. Take these in case I don't get you from the basement. There is clothes and money, in a backpack for you downstairs. There you see what the necklace is and what it can do.".

Cid stared at his master "What about you? What are you doing?". Kuro looked to his pupil with pain, "You were the closet thing I had to a son." he hugged his student. "Wait for the hunters and huntresses to arrive to come out." Cid nodded and went downstairs. He shut the door behind him and locked all five of the security doors by doing so. When he turned he saw...