Chapter 1

Okay so, how do I begin to express the story of how I got stuck in a loveless marriage with Kohl Evans, a guy who completely hated my guts?

My name is Dara Cavendish, and this is my story.

"Of course, mother, I'll do as you say" he sighed and lightly smiled.

He hates me. He hates me. So why the hell is he not saying no for, why is he letting them decide our life like this, this isn't only his life that we're talking about here, it's mine too.

What of mine? Does this guy even care a single bit about what I think of this?

"Oh, Kohl you're the best son ever! I'm so happy you're finally agreeing with this marriage. You've made me the happiest mother in the world. Ahk- I'm so, so excited! Believe me, Dara you will be treated like a princess in this house!" "Princess, psht right. Not with that monster." I muttered under my breath, his mother clearly didn't hear me as she went on rambling and rambling about what flowers to have at the wedding and who to invite.

I honestly wanted to get away and run, fast. I noticed that Kohl was glaring at me, watching me intensely as if I was the one who put us in this position.

Whilst his mother carried on and on about the wedding I tried to sneak away from them but he grabbed my wrist.

His mother stopped talking. "Oh, where are you going, my dear? You don't want to oversee the wedding plans? I guess you don't need to. We've got it all sorted, don't we Joanne?" She faced my mother, who was seated on their sofa, she looked nervous as she sipped her coffee "Oh, of course, Madam." I guess she had nothing else to add. My own mother.

"Madam? Oh dear, come on Joanne! Call me Marie. We've been best friends for a while and now we're going to be in-laws! In-laws I tell you! So, don't you dare go all formal on me!" She said as she walked towards my mum and grabbed her hands and started twirling her.

My mum smiled with her best friend, who was once her former boss from when she worked at this mansion as Kohl's mother's personal lady. At least they're both happy. I guess that's what really matters.

I decided to walk away once again but I realized Kohl still had his hand over my wrist. I tried to pull away but he wouldn't let go "Let me go!" I squealed so that only he could hear. I struggled in his grasp.

He crouched a little closer to me and placed his lips over my ears and whispered so soothingly, "Don't cause a scene, come with me." "And why would I do that?" I glared up at him. "Mum, Mrs Cavendish is it okay if I take Dara upstairs and show her my... our room?" He cleared his throat.

"What, why do you need to ask? Of course, go on!" Sniggered his mother. As did my mum too. As soon as he got the okay he pulled me along with him up the stairs.

I could hear my mum giggling "He said our room! Oh, I think I'll faint!" They're being way too dramatic. I forcefully tried to get out of his hold but there was no use, he was stronger and his grip just kept getting tighter around my hand the more I tried pulling away. He turned to face me while we were on the steps of the staircase "Don't worry I won't do anything. Unless you want me to, of course." He smirked. My eyes widened and I fell silent. I wasn't worried before but I think I am now.

"Wait, what's that supposed to mean?!" I shouted loudly enough for only him to hear again. "Whatever you want it to mean." He said, his smirk never leaving his mouth.

He continued to drag me until we reached his room. He swung the door open with his free hand and pulled me towards him while I kept attempting to pull away, but he pulled harder until we flew into his room with me thrown onto his chest against his door. I could've sworn I forgot how to breathe at that moment because all I could feel was my cheek squashed onto his firm chest.

I pulled away immediately and peeked up to look at him dazed by my reaction. He put his hands on both of my shoulders and he pushed me to the door as if he was intending to close the door with my body. My heart was racing, not being able to figure out the situation I was in.

Then he locked the door. "W-What are you doing? Open the door now!""If you wanted the door open, you could've just opened it yourself. Don'tyou think? I'm not even holding you back. Look I'm even an inch away from you. Unless maybe you want me to... I don't know, close the gap between us?" He gave me that smug look again. He started to lean closer towards me, I pushed him hard and he landed down onto his bed.

"What the hell? What's wrong with you? Such a small girl with a big impact, I see." He openly stared at my chest when he said that. I felt exposed, I turned away a little. "Look," he said as his eyes skimmed back to mine. "I was only joking about, when I asked if you wanted to do something up here, you didn't have to actually push me onto the bed. Desperate much?"

Okay, now he's done it. I'm mad. "Seriously. Grow up! I'm not here to play your games." I rushed to open the door but I could only unlock the door before he quickly jumped off of the bed "Nuh-uh where do you think you're going?" "Home." "Sweetie, this is your home. Didn't you hear our mother's downstairs?"

"I'm not your sweetie!" I glared right back at him. "Ok, baby, calm down now, you're huffing and puffing so hard that your chest won't stop going up and down, and frankly that's kind of distracting." "Ugh shut up, you perv!" I shrieked and tried to open the door but he quickly grabbed hold of me and pinned my hands behind my back not letting me go.

"Let go now."

-

Hey readers!
I really hope you enjoyed the pilot chapter of MTME, this is the first time I'm kind of experimenting with this genre and it's interesting, I'll say that. The chapters will get better, so keep on reading to know more about the main character's journey. I will be trying to keep up to date with the story and making any edits if needed. What else do I say here? *nervously giggles*

Please don't be a silent reader! Definitely feel free to voice anything you'd like added in this story! & vote to show you want more! :)

Thank you!