Crown Capital Management Charles Shackelford Professional Asset Management

What are the benefits of professional asset management?

When most people think of working with a stockbroker, they picture a selling interview in which the broker determines their investment needs and "sells" them a stock, bond or other product. This is the traditional method which is still used by many of the brokers at the large wirehouses. Typically, the client never interacts with the broker again until there is more money to invest, or until the broker thinks it's a good time to reposition the original asset, in which case he or she will be entitled to another commission.

This is why many investors favor a different approach, known as "asset management." Based on the proven mechanics of modern portfolio theory, professional asset management is a five-step process to a successful financial future. Here's how it works:

1. Determine your risk profile and objectives. Through personal consultations with you, we develop a personal profile of your individual investment needs and objectives, time horizon, and attitude toward investing.

2. Set your asset allocation policy. We develop a personalized asset allocation policy based on your needs and objectives, as identified in Step 1. This policy maximizes your investment returns relative to your risk tolerance through the carefully diversified allocation of your portfolio.

3. Diversify across asset classes and within styles. Your asset allocation policy is implemented by investing in a well-diversified portfolio. Accounts over $50,000 are managed by preeminent institutional money management firms, not normally accessible to an individual investor.

4. Rebalance your portfolio. Your investment portfolio is carefully monitored on an ongoing basis to ensure that it remains consistent with your agreed-upon asset allocation policy. If the relative value of investments in your portfolio changes enough to become inconsistent with this policy, it is rebalanced.

5. Report the results. We will communicate with you on a regular basis and provide a comprehensive reporting package showing account level performance reports and statements providing details of your account -- including total asset value and a record of all transactions that occurred during the reporting period.

Source:

http://cmsfinancial.com/benefits-of-asset-management