Unexpected - One-shot

I sat in the living room waiting anxiously.

My bestfriend is coming home today and that was all I could think about since this

morning. Chord Overstreet is the best friend I am talking about. I know what you're thinking!

'OMG! You're Chord's bestfriend?!'

'You actually know him?!'

'He's soooo amazing!'

All of that are true. I've known Chord since we were little. Me and my adopted sister, Dianna were like the three musketeers. But it's different w me and Chord. There's a different bond between the two of us. My parents even says that me and him were more like the siblings other than me and Dianna. Which kinda makes my sister w bit jealous. But she understands.

People think that he's so great and perfect. It's partly true but, really he's just normal. He's just a normal boy w an

amazing talent. When I was thirteen me and my family moved to Sydney. Something about dad's job. I was really upset when I found out because that means leaving Chord but my parents assured me that it would only be temporary.

We came back when we were fifteen and the three of us bonded like we never left. And now here we are. Chord is now world famous and every single girl wants him. I met the rest of the glee cast when we visited him in Canada and they were all really nice and funny.

Now they're in Nashville. I'm still here at Holmes. But we still managed to have communication. Phone calls here and there. Webcam here and there. Twitter here and there. Chord promised that he'll come back for me soon and he'll tell me something really important. Which irritates me! I mean, why can't he just tell me through the phone or something? The boy sucks w technology. I was pulled out of my thoughts by my phone ringing.

'Chord'

I answered it quickly. "Chord? What time are you gonna be here?" I asked.

"Err...yeah, abt that." He said and I closed my eyes dreading the next words that follows.

"Yeah?" I asked just above a whisper. I knew what he was gonna say. But there was a part of me that held hope.

"I can't come." I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"Yeah, okay. I understand." I sighed and slumped down at the couch.

"I'm so sorry, Jairah. Something came up and we need to pull back a few weeks." He said, sounding really upset.

"Yeah, that's ok." I muttered.

"But I sent you a package to make up for it." He said sounding hopeful. Hopeful that it'll cheer me up. No matter what he is sending me I know that it won't really cheer me up. I wanted him here. Not a stupid package!

"I'm really sorry, Jai." He apologised.

The doorbell rang and I stood up from the couch but not hanging up. I pulled the door open not even bothering to ask who it was. I normally would but I'm too upset to care.

"W-what?" My grip on the phone loosen and slipped out of my hand. Chord's hand caught it before it hit the ground. I just stood there. My mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. Or a dog trying to talk. Or a bear asking for fish. Well, I looked like a lot of stuff.

"Not happy to see me?" He grinned. I still didn't answer. He rolled his eyes and chuckled before pushing past me. He took my wrist and pulled me in to the living room before shutting the door behind us.

"C'mon, love! Snap out of it, I was joking!" He laughed playfully shaking my shoulders.

"B-but you sounded so upset! You almost made me cry!" I cried out slapping his arm.

"Ow! Hey!" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him. Our faces inches from each other. My breath caught on my throat as his familiar scent hit me from our sudden closeness.

He was still holding on to both of my wrists. "Will my package make up for it?" He asked w his husky voice that sent chills down my spines.

I gulped as I took every single detail of his beautiful face in. His amazing green eyes that always calmed me down. Pink lips that looked almost...kissable. His soft blonde hair. Everything about him is perfect. For me, at least.

"W-what p-package?" I stuttered. Really, Jairah? Stuttering?! He smiled before doing the thing that I would never thought would happen.

The moment his lips touched mine I was immediately sent to heaven. Realization came to me. I love him. I loved him all along and I failed to notice it until now. Maybe that's why I feel so comfortable w him. Why I have always loved his company. Because I love him.

We pulled back from each other w our foreheads still touching. "I promised that I'll be back for you, right?" He said stroking my cheeks softly.

I nodded in response and held on to him tighter. "I promised that I had to tell you something important, right?" He said. "What I'm saying is that I love you, Jairah. I've had since the first time I saw you in your yellow dress and cute little pigtails. I guess I was just too young to realise that bc we were only six." He said, chuckling at the last part.

"I love you too, Chord." I answered, boring my eyes in to his before pulling him in for another kiss. At that moment, Everything was perfect. I didn't care that Chord would be gone in a few days.

I love him.

He loves me.

That's all that there is.

~

@MeetMicanChico♥