1) Not Normal

Okay, I was reading over this when I realized the similarities between it and James Patterson's Maximum Ride. This was purely unintentional, but I promise, the storyline won't be the same as that of Maximum Ride.

Run. Run. Run. I told myself over and over. One foot in front of the other, each step echoing through the woods, each foot pounding on the hard packed earth below me. I knew I was leaving them a trail to follow, but I couldn't stop and try to fix my wound. A gunshot rang through the air, and I gasped as the earth just centimeters away was hit by the bullet, sending dusty earth into the air, clouding my vision. Closing my eyes, I continued to run, every step making my legs ache even more. I breathed in some of the dusty air, and started coughing, making the mistake of opening my eyes. Almost instantly my eyes began to sting, covering them with my hands, I tried to keep running, but stumbled over something. Another gunshot, and more dirt was blasted into the air. With shaky hands I got up, and broke into another run. Just up ahead was a road, so if I could just reach it....

I brought one of my hands to the area just below my shoulders. It was met by bloody black feathers, but the blood, it wasn't from them. "One chance." I whispered to myself, and spread long black wings. I continued running, waiting for the opportunity. I skidded to a halt. There was a fence along the road. Gripping the metal of the fence, I attempted to climb, but failed. I tried again, with the same result. God, if you're really out there, I could use a bit of help. I tried one last time, and to my surprise, I managed it. A bullet hit the fence, and it shook dangerously. I reached the top, and crouched there, all fourteen feet of wings spread out.

I jumped, giving a flap of my wings, and then another, and then another. I found myself a few feet above the fence, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get higher. I had no idea how to use these damned things. These damned, unnatural wings. I was stuck in the air. I couldn't fly up, or anywhere else, and I couldn't land. I grabbed a wing with my hand, and tried to force it into a folded position. Suddenly I lost my balance, and started to dive straight towards the road. Panick started to set in, and I closed my eyes, bracing for the pain. I slammed into a car, full force, breaking straight through the window. My wing got stuck in the window, and I was being dragged along with the car. It stopped, and I heard a car door open, and shut. A woman came around from the other side, her gaze fixed on me. "Who the hell are you?" She asked, her tone showing her disapproval. I couldn't say a word. I could only watch as blood dripped down my wing, and some black feathers blew into the wind. "Help." I whispered, my voice raspy, before everything faded.

#

I was driving down the highway, heading home from work, when something slammed into my car. I heard a window shatter. At first I was almost positive it was a deer or something. I opened the car door, and got out. Slowly, I walked to the other side of the car, unsure of what I would find. To my surprise, I found what looked to be a teenage boy, with black wings on his back, one stuck in my car window. I was positive the wings were fake, but the blood on them wasn't. Blood dripped down his cheek, forehead, and one of his arms, as well as the fake wings. "Who the hell are you?" I asked, holding my breath. He didn't answer. His breathing seemed labored, and he looked like he was in pain. "Help." He whispered in a raspy voice, before his eyes closed. Mine widened as he slumped over, revealing long cuts in the back of his T-Shirt, where his wings  protruded. I approached, and felt the place where the wings appeared to be connected. I pulled my hand back in shock. The wings were attatched to his body.

 One of the wings twitched and I held back a scream. This was unnatural, but he needed medical attention, for the jagged cut on his wing from my window, and for the almost indefinite amount of cuts on his body. I whipped out my phone, and dialed 9-1-1. "Hello? Listen, I need an ambulance here now." I said quickly, glancing down at the winged boy once more. "Where are you?" The woman on the other side asked. "About halfway down Lake View Road." I said. "Okay ma'am, we'll have an ambulance there as soon as possible." Still holding the phone to my ear, I kneeled down and put a hand on the boys chest. His heart was still beating, but I was worried about how much longer it would be. I shook him, but he wouldn't open his eyes. In the distance I heard the ambulance sirens, and relief washed over me. He would be okay. At least I hoped so. Pulling an on-the-go pack of tissues, I started to wipe the blood away from some of his cuts. His shirt had torn, and a long, thin scar was showing. The ambulance pulled up, and I watched as they loaded him up in the ambulance. It was as though the wings didn't faze them at all.

"Ma'am? What happened here?" Someone asked. I shook my head, not sure how to explain.

#

I opened my eyes, seeing a blank white ceiling. Every inch of my body hurt. I tried to move my left arm, but it had a cast on it. There were names written on it in black and red marker, but my vision was a little fuzzy, so I couldn't quite read them. The cast itself was as white as the ceiling, but even more annoying. I tried to yank it off with my other hand, but I was unable. "Please don't do that. Your broken arm needs to heal." A woman's voice said.

"Who's there?" I said, looking around. Finally my eyes found a woman, the woman from the car, sitting in a chair next to the wall. "You can call me Anna." She said. "But what should I call you?" I froze. "I don't have a name." I muttered, the thought of my name bringing back memories. "But you can call me Three." I said. A look of confusion crossed her face, before she wrote it down on a clipboard. "Okay Three, do you know your parents phone numbers?" Anna asked. "I don't remember who my parents are." I said. "Then who do you live with?" Anna asked. "Nobody. I lived in a fucking crate!" I said, raising my voice on accident. Anna didn't respond at first. "Then how about you come stay with me for a while." She said. "Sure, whatever." I said. "Not like I have anywhere better to go."

"And what about the wings? I don't want to force you to answer, it's just....almost scientifically impossible for them to be real."

"Well sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not scientifically possible."